1. Chris Maloney

Chris Maloney New Member

Hey Everybody!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chris Maloney, Apr 24, 2014.

I'm Chris, soon to be the famous Chris, author of those books everybody knows and even studies in school probably.
    I'm 22, have finished university and have just finished over a year of traveling the world, where i spent most of my time scribbling in my notebooks letting the scenery just pass me by!
    I'm finishing the final draft of the first book I've written with the intention of getting published, but it does seem to be taking forever, starting to doubt whether it will ever be ready!

2. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Chris.

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Congrats, that's no small feat. Depending a little on the length of the piece, it can be a difficult call, deciding when your story is ready to take the plunge.
    I write with my wife (here as @KaTrian), and we tend to produce long stories, so by the time we finish a draft, we have improved enough over the (lengthy) course of the rewrite that when we look at the beginning again, we spot mistakes or things we could now do better, and start working on yet another draft.
    I'm beginning to think the only way for us to make it to the pitching phase is to have a friend pry the story from our cold, dead hands and send it to an agent / publisher.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

welcome aboard, chris!

i've spent 4 decades traveling all over the globe, did so full time for the last couple and only settled down [for the time being?] back in the states not quite 2 years ago... where've you been and what was your favorite place?

4. Chris Maloney

Chris Maloney New Member

spent a year in Australia, then a couple of months in new zealand and finally a month on the west coast of the US.
    Back home for now, but starting to get itchy feet again... mainly due to the weather :p