1. BrednaG

BrednaG New Member

Hey guys!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BrednaG, Mar 21, 2021.

Hey guys, my name is Somone, I'm 26 years old, and I'm from NJ. I'm in school studying TV/Film writing as an aspiring screenwriter. I joined this forum to see if there was anyone who shared the same passion as me, and I'm glad there is. My New Years Resolution was to go back to school and pursue my screenwriting career, and I'm happy that I'm following thru on that promise. Nowadays, you see the same thing on television, and I want to change the way people see television. Growing up as a African American, I never saw or heard of any screenwriters, that have the same skin color as me, until Tyler Perry, Shonda Rhimes and Jordan Peele came along, and I want to be put in that same category as them. Thru my words I want to help people get out of depression, I want to help someone get out of a abusive relationship, and I want to help someone so they don't harm his/herself to make the pain go away. Thanks for the time :)

alw86 likes this.
  2. alw86

alw86 Active Member

Welcome to the forum, hope to see you around! :)

3. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Screenwriters are usually pretty anonymous, the directors and actors tend to get all the attention. I'll bet there have been a lot of African American screenwriters we've never heard of—it's pretty hard to tell something like that from just seeing someone's name. The ones you mention are among the handful of high profile screenwriters, largely because they also do things that get more attention, like being an actor/comedian. Here's a wiki page listing quite a few (128): African-American screenwriters. And these are just Americans, doubtless there's a lot more elsewhere.

But all that aside, welcome to the forum! Much luck to you, and skill and success as well!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  4. BrednaG

BrednaG New Member

Thanks guys!