Tags:
  1. hannes

hannes New Member

Hey, I am Hannes

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by hannes, Jul 16, 2017.

Hey,

Like most of you I love reading a good book, and I want to write solid stories. I have zero writing experience, so I will be starting from scratch. English is also not my mother tongue so on top of bad stories and characters I will also deal with grammar and spelling. I have seen a friend in a similar position struggle trough this and seeing it is possible I will give it a try myself.

If you see any of my posts feel free to send me some critique. I come from an art background and am used to dealing with critique. Also any tips, or ways to improve are always welcome.
    I hope I won''t give up on this goal, it is easy to start on something, but completing it is a different matter.
    So hopefully we'll see each other around!

2. Thundair

Thundair Contributor Contributor

Welcome... Don't worry about being new, we've all had to pay our dues, and ask the newbie questions.

3. Alter-Ego

Alter-Ego Active Member

Wow, I can't imagine what a difficult task that must be to not only commit to your writing but doing it in a foreign tongue!. I always feel so guilty when I travel to foreign countries and the locals are happy to speak English so us English speakers never have to try speaking their language.

4. Kryogenic

Kryogenic New Member

Greetings. Have you considered writing in your native tongue and having that translated into English? The Witcher series and The Nightwatch series both come to mind as great stories written in another language and then translated to English.