1. tabbygirl

tabbygirl New Member

Hey I'm Tabby

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tabbygirl, Jun 27, 2007.

As a child I had always enjoyed reading and writing. They were always my favorite passed time. When I got older I stopped writing. Because I outgrew it was not the reason why I stopped. It was more for a reason that I just felt there was nothing worth writing. For a long moment I would try to write and nothing would come to me. Thanks to a good friend, they have inspired me to start writing again. Here's a poem I wrote.

"I guess I could say something like, "I'm 5'4". I have long black hair and brown almond shaped eyes. I love to spend time with close friends, and share my passion of writing with myself and the voices in my head."

People expect her to be able to describe herself in a few simple words when they first meet her. But she was so abstract that nobody could really understand her unless they knew her for a lifetime. Even then they really wouldn't know her. She doesn't even know herself. She dwells so much in the past thinking that maybe by remembering and excepting, it will make her future better. But instead all she does is bring herself down into a hole. She tries to lift herself from the hole, but it's all in vain. She falls even deeper. She really believes that every moment in her past will determine every moment of the future. So she tries to remember how it was, so that she will know not to repeat it again. But instead it brings her back into the whole. And without realizing it she's following the same pattern.

2. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

Welcome to the forum! Hope to see you around.
    Don't be afraid to get a little crazy-cause crazy is the 'norm' around here.
    cheers

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Who the blazes is Norm? Isn't he the lump from Cheers?

Welcome, Tabby, to the Writing Forums. Explore the site, get to know the, um, eccentric members here by interacting in the Lounge, the Word Games, even the RPG forum. Stretch your writing skills with the writing challenges in the Weekly Writing Group. Take part in the Writing Issues discussions of writing and publishing tips and questions. Read the submissions and comments in the Review Room and add your own observation. Finally, when you know what to expect form reviews, and how to choose which suggestions you can use, that is the best time toi submit your own writings for dissection.

Get comfortable, see what we have to offer, and have fun!

And, by the way, your descriptiom in the introduction was very nicely written, giving us both a snapshot vusual and a glimpse into your inner nature.

4. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Welcome to the site!

5. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I see you've already posted,l hope you continue to enjoy, Welcome!

6. Bick

Bick New Member

"Who the blazes is Norm? Isn't he the lump from Cheers?"

ROFL @ Cogito :p you always give me a good laugh.

Welcome to the forum. I know you enjoy your time here, the people are the sweetest and very supportive.

7. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum :) Glad to have you here.

8. Dcara83

Dcara83 New Member

hello hello:)

9. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

"Norm" I thought he was the guy that appeared in the....oh hang on he is the one that....maybe he is the one who.....he is a hard one to keep track of, but ain't that normal to be honest!!!

Anyways welcome to the site and I do hope you like your stay here.
    have fun and see you around the board.

I must go hunt down Norm now before he corrupts the forum....:S

~Tor

10. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome to WF Its good to see you've decided to join the forum.

~Raven.