Hey! That new movie stole my plot idea!

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Sillraaia, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Sonic

Sonic New Member

The movie G-Force stole my ideas! My sister and I made a comic of a hamster secret agent when we were younger! Jerks...

2. ithestargazer

ithestargazer Active Member

I've been slowly developing my story idea for well over two years and about an hour ago I was on the booktopia website and found a novel that is so similar to mine its upsetting.

I fell a little shaken, but in the end all ideas/plots have been done before so as long as characters, setting, plots, etc, are all interesting and diverse, all should be fine.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

yup!

this happens in the film industry all the time... sometimes, two movies that are almost clones are even released at close to the same time... each one hoping it's the 'better' one and will eclipse the other at the box office...

in writing a 100k word novel, you have more 'room' to set yours apart from any others than one does in a 110 page screenplay, so just write the book you envisioned and ignore any 'similars'... if everyone avoided writing anything close to what had already been done, there'd be no new books...

love and hugs, maia