1. xDynamiquex

xDynamiquex New Member

Hey there! Am new to this but looking for fun :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by xDynamiquex, Oct 17, 2011.

Hiya!

I am a college student studying Biology, Psychology and English Language and Literature.
    Not surprisingly English is my favourite subject and I love reading books and poetry!
    I love books because I really do lose myself in them; even to the point where I picture friends and people I know as the characters, like I have assigned them to the characters. Does this make any sense?
    Also if I get in too deep I have to remind myself that it isn't real and it does not have any negative consequences for my life!

I enjoy poetry because I'll read a poem the first time and appreciate it's unique insight (or comic value sometimes!) and it's rhythm but the second time I'll notice the symbolism, metaphors etc. you can explore them I think.

I am relishing any chance to do creative writing at college and would like to build up my experience because it is very enjoyable and also because my coursework involves creative writing.

I would like to be a speech and language therapist and do not take the ability to speak for granted; I have had major speech problems due to dyspraxia and could not speak fluently until I was 9 but I have always been able to explore the joys that are books and poetry :)

2. ShadowScribbler

ShadowScribbler New Member

Welcome to the site! I hope you have a fantastic time here and enjoy reading everyone's work -- maybe you'll post your own?

My name's Renée and though I'm fairly new myself, I'm already enjoying the perks of being in such a nice community. I'd love to study English Language and Literature, and I might just do it after I'm done with my International Relations degree. I can't waaaait :)

3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

4. xDynamiquex

xDynamiquex New Member

Thanks guys :) and sounds good Renee! I have posted 'A Deadly Romance' in the short story competition thread and will post a poem when I can get into workshop.