1. Running Up That Hill

Running Up That Hill New Member

Hey there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Running Up That Hill, Feb 2, 2008.

I'm a 19 year old male writer from Switzerland (Europe). I generally write my stuff in German but I've done also a considerable amount of English essays for regular classes (still going to high school which durates 6 years of school).

You might think I'm crazy, but I plan to write my upcoming works in English as well as in German. Just so make something clear: English ISN'T my native language and you will probably find loads of mistakes considering grammar. Don't expect an impressive style of writing as well. But I hope I will improve one day because my main goal is writing English fluently and actually using it as a language of second nature.

My German is probably much better. I've got quite a lot of writing experiences in German - still teachers sometimes struggle with the complexity I'm bringing in with my writing style.

My favourite genre is anything relating to human psychology/relationships/controversial characters. Lately I've been a bit obsessed with Gay Relationships & Anorexia. I love to write about those rather controversial topics from different point of views.

Besides writing I'm also doing artsy stuff like paintings and collages as well as graphics. Rather for fun and mostly out of nothing. Whenerver I feel like I want to do something artistic, I do it...

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Guten abend Running, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

I'm very impressed with your command of English. I see more grammatical errors from those whose first language is English.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hiya there, Running. Welcome to WF.org!

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Welcome to WF.org I hope that you have a most wonderful and pleasant time here with all of us.
    Torana

5. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Heyur Running and welcome to the site. I am Heather and can normally be found around here at least once a day and if you would ever like a peice of work reviewed, need any help ir just wanna chat then send a PM my way and I'll be happy to help.

Heather

6. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hey there and welcome :)