1. rogan

rogan New Member

Hi all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rogan, Jan 29, 2016.

Forewarning: I'm completely useless at introductions.

Well, hi. I'm Rogan and I'm an aspiring writer. Sadly I've been struggling with writing for the past few years due to anxiety and depression (yikes, am I over-sharing already?) but I'm desperate to get my muse back and I figured a community of writers would be the best way to cultivate it. Once I get my inspiration back, I'll likely be writing in the science fiction and fantasy genres to start with, as those are what I'm most comfortable with, and then branching out.

Hmm, what else? I'm twenty, from England, and currently doing an Access course at college. I'm a bit obsessed with videogames. My favourite music genre is folk punk. I'm pretty sure I never grew out of my emo/skate phase. I have a crush on outer space. If I were an rpg character I'd be a rogue archer - ideally an elf, but I'm only 5'2"...

I think that about covers it. Some of it, at least. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in with the site and hopefully not abandoning it after a few weeks of watching other people's work getting critiqued!

:~)

2. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hi there :)
    Just stay around, we all know how that one goes when you don't know anyone else. This feeling will pass if you give it enough time, but as with all good things it will take people to know you and vice versa. So don't give up too soon, yes?? ;)

See ya around then! And have fun, among all else!
    Cheerio!

3. Jeff Countryman

Jeff Countryman Living the dream

Welcome. If you want to advance your writing, you're in good hands here! We love helping others. The forums are full of searchable advice and we always welcome new topics. Yours sounds very interesting ..... :)