1. Lucy M

Lucy M New Member

Hi, guys!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lucy M, Apr 5, 2018.

I'm a 26 year old girl from Romania. I've been writing stories since I first learned how to write in first grade, but I only started taking it seriously in high-school. My problem is that I can't stay focused though. I will start writing a novel, put all my time and passion into it, then get another idea and start a new novel, completely abandoning the first one. I've done this so many times, my house is full of notebooks with half written manuscripts. It's pretty crazy.

Recently - about two weeks ago - I started working on a new novel. But this time it's different. This novel is very important to me (for personal reasons) and I want and need to stick to it, get it finished and hopefully get it published. I am hopping that by joining this forum, I can make some good friends who will help me stay on track, find inspiration when I hit writers block and keep me company through this journey. I think a big part of the reason why I can never finish the books I start is because I have no friends who are writers, or who even share my love of literature, and it gets very difficult not to have anyone to share this with.

Hope to hear from some of you guys soon! Do any of you have (or had) this same problem I have? Please let me know because I always wondered if this is normal for writers or if it's just me, haha~

Indigo Abbie likes this.
  2. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Haha, welcome, indeed! The main issue around my work is procrastination, apart of the fear of being nonsensical at times. But I understand that some projects are really important to pursue, and into this forum there are a lot of resources and skilled writers that surely can help you with very sound advice. I think your issue is quite common for very creative minds, and to learn how to focus all that energy one project at a time could be very useful. Maybe you even discover new challenges, though: I hadn't realized how bad is my own English until a writer here pointed it out into my prose, and now a new issue is to learn proper writing.

Of course, hope you succeed in your project, and have a lot of fun around the different threads of the forum. It would be really nice to know which are your favorite narrative interests. Also you can help other writers by criticizing their work. Be well, and again, be welcome!

Indigo Abbie likes this.
  3. Lucy M

Lucy M New Member

I mostly write Psychological Thrillers, Horror and Supernatural stories. Dark Fiction, basically. Though I'm a very bubbly person in general, haha!

Thank you for your reply! I feel relieved knowing that I'm not the only one who does this thing!~

Andrew Alvarez likes this.