1. judesplace

judesplace New Member

Hi! Jude here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by judesplace, Jul 23, 2007.

My name is Jude Liebermann, and I have my own writing forum! I have many free reads, and plenty of my members also post their stories/fanfics as well! I'm always on the look out for other writing forums, which is why I joined here! Hope to meet and talk with you other writers! :D

2. jmitchell1986

jmitchell1986 New Member

Hi there!

Just thought I would say hi to a fellow 'newbie'!

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to the forums! If you need any help with anything, then please feel free to ask. I'm always happy to lend a hand.

4. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Excellent, your own site, well done! I hope your stay here then can be mutually beneficial given your hosting experience and our talented members. Any questions feel free to let us know! See you around the site!

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Jude, welcome to the Writing Forums.

I took a quick look at your forum, and it looks attractive and nicely organized. Hopefully, you've taken the time to tour our forums, and have some idea of what we have to offer, and that you will get to know the wonderful people here. As writers, published and unpublished, we are all driven to continually improve our writing. What is often the most surprising to new members is that we encourage members to post writing samples for review only after they have read other postings and reviews, and have written reviews themselves. This is for several reasons, but to me the most important one is that actively analyzing other people's writings is far more effective at improving your own writing than sitting back and letting others react to your work. Also, receiving criticism is easier, and you're more likely to take it to heart, when you have experienced both sides of the process, and really believe that the suggestions don't mean "I hate what you wrote," but rather "This is worth putting time int, here are some ideas to consider."

I hope you find this site useful, and the people warm and helpful. Above all, have fun!

6. judesplace

judesplace New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I do like what I've seen so far. A lot of great advice, which is hard to find! :D I'll be sure to visit as often as I can!

7. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums, glad you decided to join and I hope you decide to stay :) Look forward to seeing you around.

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome to WF.org. I do ho pe that you enjoy your time here with all of us.
    I look forward to seeing you around the board.

Tor

9. judesplace

judesplace New Member

Well, I would like to thank those that have made me feel welcome, but as they say: one bad apple can spoil the bunch. I don't think I will be hanging around. Apparently certain senior members can't take having their opinions questioned (God Forbid) and attack... and I don't have any desire to be belittled! I didn't join for that! So good luck with your forum. Hope no other new members get run off!

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm sorry to hear you say this, Jude. The senior member you refer to does have a lot of experience with writing and with publishers, and in my opinion is worth listening to. However, any member's opinions can be either taken or ignored. This forum, like any good forum, contains a broad range of backgrounds, and you learn over time which ones benefit you most, and which ones don't.

I do hope you'll reconsider.

11. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome to writing Forums. I certainly hope you stick around

~Raven.

12. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

here there