1. RobinLC

RobinLC Active Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RobinLC, Jun 5, 2019.

Hello everyone. I joined because I'm looking for a community of writers and authors that can perhaps help me develop my writing skills. A few years ago I was a SAHM and began a few different stories. I put them on hold when I entered the workforce again and became a student. I am about to finish my degree in Health Information Management (not putting all my eggs in one basket). I also took an elective this last semester for Fiction writing.

I'm looking for friends, and possibly someone to review my writing.

I'm from Chillicothe Ohio. Been married 20 years. Have two kids. 2 dogs, 2 cats. I mostly read and write paranormal fiction/ romance and contemporary romance.

I hope to get to know you better.

Robin

Alan Aspie and marshipan like this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    :superhello:Welcome to the Forum. :supersmile:
    Lots of helpful peoples here. :superidea:
    Good luck and have fun.
    TakeThis.jpg

LoaDyron likes this.
  3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Robin! A very big welcome to the forum. :)

I see that your primary interest is in writing paranormal fiction and romance. There are quite a few members here who write in those particular genres, so I'm sure you'll find friends fast—and be able to get advice and feedback from people who deal with the same issues as you.

I am one of the forum moderators (fairly new to the moderating game, but I've been an active member since 2013.) As a moderator, I'd like to suggest that you spend some time getting to know the forum. Feel free to explore all the threads that interest you, and also check out what is hidden behind the menu tabs at the top of the page. LOTS about the forum is hidden under the hood, so to speak.

Please do check these links (below) in particular.

There are a few requirements you must meet before posting your work for review, etc, so become familiar with the New Member Quick Start guide, which should keep you on track. I've included a few other links that might also be helpful. But also check our FAQs (in the Information tab on the menu bar.) That will help you locate specific information that will be of interest to you.

Anyway, for starters:

New Member Quick Start
    Forum Rules
    https://www.writingforums.org/faq/staff.68/

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/constructive-critiques.20627/

Don't hesitate to interact on any thread you find interesting. Post a 'reply' or a comment. These all count as 'posts' which will fulfill your 20-post requirement for becoming a Member (rather than a 'New Member.') You might also want to check any 'sticky links' you see as well. They often contain extra information about that section of the forum, or link to a particularly popular topic in that section.

If you have any particular questions, don't hesitate to 'start a conversation' with me (by clicking on the owl avatar and then on 'start a conversation'.) I'll be glad to help.

Have fun, get to know us and let us get to know you. See you around the threads. :)

Cheers, Jan

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    LoaDyron likes this.
  4. LoaDyron

LoaDyron Contributor Contributor

Hello, friend. :superhello:

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find people that will help you. All of us help each other as much as we can. People here are friendly and kind. So let us know your tales, and see hat you have been up too. :superagree: