1. Antony R Wells

Antony R Wells New Member

Hi, new writer from England.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Antony R Wells, Apr 26, 2022.

Hi,

I am Antony, a writer from England. I love all sorts of creative writing, from poetry to attempted screenaplays.

I have a question also, I have a big list of my ideas, in a Google Drive, is there anywhere on this site or else, it would be appropriate to post this? I'm looking to collaborate with other writers, me coming up with the general story, and the collaborator the actual screenplay.

Thanks for having me here.

2. Catriona Grace

Catriona Grace Mind the thorns Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Welcome, Antony.

3. Thundair

Thundair Contributor Contributor

Greetings to the other side of the pond. I look forward to your contribution.

I started seriously writing by taking screen writing classes, but it wasn’t a good fit for me. Although I was able to transfer some of that knowledge to writing fictional novels.

Dialog was a given in screen plays and applied easly to novels. The hook in a script that was early and intense but had to be broadened to work in the novel, as most of the beta readers exclaimed that it was too much too soon. That was eight years ago, so I’ve got it worked out for now.

4. Antony R Wells

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.

Thundair, Hi, yeah I do both too. I like writing books because of the extra aspect of describing the scenes poetically. Those are the sort of books I like, the ones that delve into the details in a almost poetic way. I've been writing myself since the 90's, the closest I came to a complete project was a JRPG inspired book called "Destiny Saga" - over 380 pages.

Thundair likes this.
  5. Emily H

Emily H New Member

Welcome, Antony !

6. Antony R Wells

Hi, Thanks.

7. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

To be honest there's nowhere for a big list - you could put individual idea in plot development - we also have a collaboration forum but you need to be a member 14 days and make 20 posts to access that

i do have to say that most writers don't need someone else to come up with the general idea... that's the easy bit, so short of paying a ghost writer the sort of collaboration you describe isn't that likely to take off... you're probably better using the resources here to learn to write screenplay yourself

deadrats likes this.