1. Rachell505

Rachell505 New Member

Hi! So excited!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rachell505, Nov 8, 2016.

Hi everyone!

I'm Rachel :) I just finished my very first EVER draft! And I needed somewhere to freak out about it so here I am haha
    Can't wait to check out the forum, it looks amazing.

2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Welcome,
    You've finished a draft?! Well done! I haven't managed to do that with my novel yet...
    What genre(s) are you writing?

3. Rachell505

Rachell505 New Member

It's a fantasy. Here's a SUPER rough summary:

Greyson Mannix is a hitman, though not in the way you'd think. He is in the business of dealing terrible/horrifying curses. If someone has wronged you in the worst way possible, if they have done something unforgivable, if you wish for them to suffer a fate worse than death, you call on Greyson Mannix.

Mannix thinks he is unstoppable, until a circus of traveling gypsies comes into town. They offer real magic to their audiences; selling dreams and trading memories for wishes.

They bring with them something dark and twisted; a Freakshow made up entirely of Mannix’s victims - not to mention, a past he long since thought he’d buried away forever.

As Mannix readies for battle against the circus and all it’s power, the last thing he needs is to be distracted. How unfortunate then, that he can’t seem to stay away from Hannah, the beautiful blind girl with storm-clouded eyes.

Still working on a title but at the moment it's "The Curse Dealer"

Chell and I.A. By the Barn like this.
  4. Chell

Chell New Member

Oh wow, congrats on finishing your first draft! I too am new to this site and am only a few chapters into mine. I can't imagine how excited you must be! The summary you gave is riveting. It is so unique; I don't think I've ever heard of something quite like that!