1. goldenphoenix

goldenphoenix New Member

Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by goldenphoenix, Jul 12, 2015.

Hi everyone! My name is Lydia (or Phoenix, your choice!)

I am a 27 year old from Oregon who has lived in various parts of the USA. I am now in Ohio. I find myself absolutely fascinated with different cultures and languages. I am learning Russian (2 years in), as well as Spanish. More languages to come, possibly, but umm.. I am slightly lazy, so perhaps not.

I love to write. Always have. Used to write on fanfiction.net, as well as creating my own stories and characters. Heck, one of my favorite things for years now has been to create characters with rich backstories in The Sims 2, and then writing the stories out after I create their worlds. Absolutely positively a full-blown nerd, and a jolly one at that. Usually. :)

I can be very outgoing and love girls' nights out (dancing, drinking, karaoke, sometimes a bit of geocaching or other adventures), but I can also retreat into my shell and disappear for days, wrapped up in writing, my studies, The Sims2, or video games. Oh, I am a student- endocrinology.

Hoping to meet like-minded people on here :) Why have I never joined a writer's forum before this week?! Heh.

2. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

Hi Lydia,

Welcome to the forum. :)

The experience of travelling about will undoubtedly give you lots of material to tap into for writing.
    Hey, everyone's a nerd in some way. ;)

I look forward to reading your work.

3. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Phoenix!

Have a look at our New Member Quick Start, it will take you through most of the basics around here, like the rules and other stuff.

Have fun and good luck with your writing!