1. PastPresentNFuture

PastPresentNFuture New Member

History and Future Trends

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PastPresentNFuture, Jul 30, 2011.

Hey guys, I was thinking of a subject to start by first thread. Well I have finally thought of one after a good long time. History and Predictions for the Future. So to start off I would like to pose a question.

Do you think after all our breakthroughs, history is still mysterious? I mean our oldest written documents are about Sumer dating back to circa 3300 BC. Everything before that, we have to resort to other methods. I don't know guys give me your thoughts :D

2. suddenly BANSHEES

suddenly BANSHEES Senior Member

Forgive me, I'm pretty slow, but what do you mean by "trends" here?

As for your question about history, there are still some things we may never know. Like that "dancing epidemic" that happened wayyy back, in Europe. I don't remember the details, but people just broke out into crazy, uncontrollable dancing until they passed out, and nobody knows why. That's the only example I can think of, but there's probably other stuff like that.

3. PastPresentNFuture

PastPresentNFuture New Member

sorry i meant predictions for the future

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Wasn't that attributed to ergot poisoning from eating contaminaterd rye? Ergot is a mold that produces ergotamine compounnds, whichincludes LSD. Ergot toxins also cause severe constriction of blood vessels, which can cause loss of circulation to the extremities, resulting in gangrene and necessitating amputations.

For that reason, rye cannot be grown where goldenrod is prevalent. Goldenrod plays a role in carrying the deadly mold.