1. MythMachine

MythMachine Active Member

Hiyo~ It's a pleasure!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MythMachine, Aug 3, 2017.

While I've never been a Self-Intro Champion, I always feel the need to post something so that people have an idea who I am, then abruptly regret my poor and bumbling attempt. Regardless, I'd rather get it out of the way, so here goes!

My name is Jeremy, aspiring writer (whodathunk it, right?), proficient artist, vidual novelist in-the-making, and failed comedian. I absolutely LOVE anything fantasy, science fiction, horror, drama, or any combination of them, but am super anxious about actually publishing anything meaningful because of my incompetent inconfidence. (Hours in front of a blank sheet of paper or empty Word document, of course). I decided about a year ago to actually begin working on a visual novel that I've developed in piecemeal over the course of a decade, which has been frequently and utterly scrapped and taped back together.

I have a love and despise relationship with my story, and I have a tendency to be overly critical of my work, and over analyze my mistakes, which causes problems in moving forward... hopefully I can use this website and its lovely minio- *cough* members to both learn new skill and advance my story.

Note that my development interests also include artwork in addition to storytelling, so I'll be posting concepts and designs along with my plot and character snippets: Feel free to critique on anything I throw out there!

On the other hand, hopefully I can just meet some interesting people on here who share my passion and who have less of a lackluster sense of humor.... I'm pretty friendly, and open to new ideas and personalities~ Thank you for having me!

Seven Crowns and PsychicWitness like this.
  2. PsychicWitness

PsychicWitness New Member

Welcome from a fellow newbie. And I can identify with your lack of confidence. I think many of us suffer the same affliction.

MythMachine likes this.
  3. MythMachine

Thank you for the welcome, and I will return the greeting! Yes, my creative insecurity is most often off the charts, so I never let myself take the first step, or even a baby step. It's strange knowing that, at the very least, I'm a decent writer and artist, but never actually applying that knowledge into producing what I love. If I can manage some feedback on this forum, that would be just splendid. I'll keep an eye on your submissions too and try to provide some productive feedback for you~

PsychicWitness likes this.
  4. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Jeremy :superhello:

We all have our insecurities, you're in good company:supersmile:

5. MythMachine

And the company is much appreciated! Thank you so much =)

Trish likes this.
  6. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Welcome sir/sirette. :superhello:

Vidual huh? And they call me mad. :supergrin:

Good luck with your works and have fun.:supersmile:
    Horse Typing.jpg :superlaugh:

MythMachine likes this.
  7. MythMachine

I appreciate the welcome! And of course, we're all mad here! We wouldn't be creative minds otherwise ;)

And good luck to you as well! I know I'll do my best to taint this lovely community with my dastardly works of so-called art and writing.

Cave Troll likes this.
  8. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    @MythMachine Thank you.
    Fore most of us are. :superlaugh:
    Debauchery.jpg