1. ECKS

ECKS New Member

Hobbyist Lyric Writer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ECKS, May 26, 2013.

Hello, writingforums, my is Drix AKA Dr. Ecks or Ecks. I've been penning lyrics for about 3 years, on & off, and have come to your forum to educate myself about things within the realm of traditional poetry and creative prose.
    I never finished school, so I'm only working with an 8th grade education within language arts. :redface:

I'm told by my few friends and online comrades that my rap often verges on poetry. I mostly write in a hyperbolic stream of consciousness but am never afraid to pen metaphorically sound epics.
    I hope to share my work, converse, meet talent, and learn. I'm constantly trying to advance my vocabulary and vernacular via the reading of novels, thesauruses, and dictionaries.

I hope to become a long standing active member here because the forum that I call home (boasting 3000 posts) has slowly reached damn near necrosis.
    It saddens me, but has opened up my willingness to join new sites. Well, greetings and farewell! Words be with you. :)

BTW nice site, here!

2. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

It sounds like we have another Eminem here. ;) Great to have you aboard; please read the rules (just in case you do something people here don't like!) and have fun. And keep on writing! :)

3. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Double post.

4. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Welcome aboard!