Holy Grail War

Discussion in 'Archive' started by lixAxil, Aug 2, 2014.

1. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Lancer's noble phantasm effect lasted only a while and thus Assassin stood up again.
    Yet the only idea of bowing in front of someone angered him. He stood quietly for an instant while pondering the best option.
    Berserker, Lancer and Archer, and two Masters, they were a perfect target.
    "I'll... I'll make that idiot pay for his act..." mumbled. The sudden change on his demeanor caught the attention of his master.
    "Assassin.... what are you planning to do?" Asked Moriarty
    "Hehehehe, stay quiet James Moriarty, stay quiet and enjoy the act..." said at the same moment he placed his hand over the two stores building that he was currently on.
    "Don't tell me.... hey stop it Assassin!!" exclaimed Moriarty from his hidden location, yet Assassin didn't listen to him.
    "HARAG..." pronounced the servant.
    "By the power of this command spell I orde....." yet the man wasn't quick enough.

The building begun to tremble as the murder intention of the servant was placed upon it, it was the house right in front of the spot where the servants stood. In just an instant it collapsed, yet it didn't collapse over itself, it waved and collapsed right over the servants. The murder intention was directed toward the one who forced him to bow, still the collateral damage may suffice to take the other servants, or at least the masters.
    By that moment, Assassin already had jumped to another building.
    "Yo...you idiot!!! what had you done?" said Moriarty.
    "I just murdered them... " replied the servant.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Berserker quickly grabbed Josiah, making sure that he faced the oncoming storm of debris with his shield, and placed himself before Lancer. He raised his shield, dug his feet in, and roared.

The sheer force of the shout sent the snow flying away from him, clearing the air momentarily before the barrage began. He arched his back, then prepared himself.

His shield and body were impervious, and he intended to try and block the assault from hitting anyone else.

He roared again as the wave hit.

3. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"You're beginning to annoy me peasant." Lancer hissed, but not at Beserker. Instead he pulled a new, larger lance than before from its sheath and watched as the wave of concrete and metal tumbled toward them.

"Good man. That's all i needed." he hissed when Beserker took the brunt of the force, and suddenly the lance glowed a pearly white as the landslide suddenly bowed upward and over them like a tidal wave. The falcon chirruped smugly, then flitted to land on Josiah's shoulder.

"Mercy's Defiance!" He sprang over Beserker and slammed his lance into the wave. The intent was to kill all in it's path, including a master. That had been a big mistake on Asassin's part.

The wave suddenly surged backward, not returning the building to it's original state but at least casting the rubble somewhere safe. Then Lancer stabbed the glowing weapon into the ground. Cracks spiraled outward, but a longer, deeper rift snaked out in the direction of the one who had cast it. Lancer didn't need to see the target -the damage knew the location of it's caster to begin with. Even if it was weaker than before, not matching the strength of the original cast, the return cast could still do a high amount of damage if used correctly.

Sweat dripped from beneath his helmet as he panted, "I'm afraid that is all I can do at the moment."

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  4. lixAxil

Assassin registered an incoming attack. He readied its body and.... he panicked.

What should I do now? What?...
    His body paralyzed in fear, not knowing ever how to face an enemy's attack, his body didn't know the appropiate reaction and thus it couldn't do anything against it.
    Dodge, parry, block, counter it. Nothing was registered within his existence.
    However the attack missed him.
    Assassin didn't waste his chance and run away from the scene.

He didn't realize 'till later that the attack was not aimed at him.
    Because the concept that embodied Lancer's Noble Phantasm didn't pursue him, it target Moriarty.
    The wave produced by the spear traveled pronouncing impossible twists and reached it's destiny, Assassin's Master with the force of a collapsing building.
    There was nothing Moriarty could do, neither anything that Assassin could do.

Still Moriarty didn't receive the full strenght of the collapsing house, the mystery that Assassin's Noble Phantasm embodied was far greater than the mystery embodied by Lancer's Noble Phantasm, a far greater and stronger mystery, that difference contributed to low the full strength of the impact. Yet a hit strong enough to cause him important wounds. Both, the servant and master could not continue this fight and thus for the night both disappeared.

5. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Night End

The battles of the day had drawn to a close with all combatants of the Grail War escaping with their lives. Even the priest had somehow managed to live the barrage of can shrapnel he experienced. As the night closed out.

Alliances had been made

Powers tested

Rivalries established and Rider of course still hadn't shown up.

---

Morning

That noise was excoriating and so were the feelings that followed. Like a broken washing machines, it had been haunting her since Ginger had snapped her tired opens and forced herself out of bed.

Oh yes.

The joyous sounds of morning hunger. The small kitchen had been raided by what looked like a barbarian army. Cabinets flung open, drawers ripped open and multiple empty cereal boxes tipped over on the counter.

Ginger's cheek was pressed into the kitchen table her head down and eyes puffy, drool leaking slightly out of her mouth. "Ehhh." She groaned. "What are you doing?" A man's voice asked and without warning Archer appeared before her his white suit primed and proper as it had been last night during their blizzard escapades.

"Dying..." Ginger sighed. "Got so caught up those chumps yesterday I forgot to go to the grocery store."

"You at a grocery store?" Archer asked humor on the tip of his tongue.

Ginger raised her head. "Well duh...what the hell is so funny?" She yawned

“Well it’s just a bit hard to imagine to be honest.” Archer chuckled. “You aren't the type of woman I imagine doing things such as that?”

"Buying food?" Ginger snorted.

Ginger rose from her seat giving Archer a flat look. “Archer I don’t mean to be rude.” Ginger smirked. “But you of call people shouldn't be one talking about gender roles.” A long finger was poked into his chest. "Mr. Homoerotic desire."

Archer’s face drained of blood at that his teeth gritting in a nervous smile. “Now.” Ginger said confidently. “I’m going to go get ready and then you will accompany to the store. We got junk food to buy…and tonight’s dinner.

---

It didn't take long to get ready she’d already brushed her teeth and showered beforehand. As she slipped on her large coat the ringing of her phone reached her ears. Ginger’s eyes narrowed upon inspection of the caller ID but nonetheless she clicked the ‘answer’ button.

"Yo?" She answered

"Have you begun the extermination yet?" Garrison's voice asked

“Whatever.” He moaned. “I’m in the hospital no thanks to you.” Garrison sniffed. “Had to drag by bloody and broken body all the way here…”

"Ummmm...the downside for me?" She asked

"Now that's no way to talk to your master." Garrison replied

Ginger scoffed, she couldn't help it. "Master? You basically bribed me, gave about eighty books to study and then spent the last year doing nothing but watching My Little Pony and The Big Bang Theory."

"Your point?" He asked lazily

"You're supposed to be some sort of holy man but instead you're manipulating me and spending all of 'God's' money on cable." She wasn't about to pull punches with this creep.

"Anywaaaaay..." Garrison ignored her statements. "I called to remind you that you are to win the Grail for the church and now that things have officially gotten dangerous. Be on guard, if you die I'll never forgive you and neither will God."

"You're a terrible priest."

"Gotta go! Bad Girls Club is starting!" With that Garrison hung up

---

“Dirty bastard.” Ginger muttered making her way back into the living room. Not even like he was that tough. One little command seal and Archer could rip that guy to pieces….hell she might be even able to rip him to pieces.

"Archer lets go!" Ginger snapped flinging the door open.

"Something troubling you?" He asked following her along into the cold.

"Just hate priests." She said already struggling to get through the snow "That's bad." Archer shook his head. "The Bible teaches forgiveness and I'm pretty sure a priest is one of the things God doesn't want anyone hating."

"Forgiveness?" Ginger cracked a smile. "You tried to blow up Berseker cause he threw at you."

"He seems to be an unbecoming sort of person." Archer shrugged

"Yeah and that priest is becoming." She frowned. "Becoming a real pain in my ass."

6. lixAxil

The babies... they were recently born childs, human childs, innocent creatures without any guilt on them. Beings that had been never been exposed to the temptation, neither the filth.

"Wh...What do you plan to do???" Exclaimed the man with a long hair.
    "Hey.. don't... don't do that. Stop, stop!!!"
    Yet the other person was ignoring him, completely.
    "They're just... newborns.... don't listen to him... they're just newborn!!"

Yet the man ______________ and _______
    "DOOOOOOON'T!!!!" ___________ WITH______

____________BLurryyyy.... all vanishing all turning into darkness, figures lost it sense and then Moriarty's eyes opened abruptly, hsi breathing hard, his body sweating.
    He tried to raise his body yet the pain that assaulted it was too heavy to do such violent movement.
    There was no sun, and the day was covered in darkness, still a light darkness, different from the night's darkness, Moriarty realized that it was already morning.

That dream.... was it Assassin's dream?... thought the man.

Speaking of which, the servant who rested on a chair wake up due to hsi masters's sudden awaking.

"Morning James Moriarty..." said the servant with a stoic look on his face.

"M...morning..." replied the master still confused.

7. Mewmewcatfish

Mewmewcatfish Active Member

Caster stood in front of the lobster tank with crossed arm and a shake of his head,"This is just down right sick. Poor bastards forced to sit out like slaves, in hopes that the right hippie will choose them to be saved. Pathetic souls."

Eliza came up and smacked him straight on the ass,"Well today isn't their lucky day. We will have two! He can pick them out."

He shook his head and pointed two a few pale ones,"These are the oldest. We will take them."

Eliza bit her lip then tossed some salmon into the cart,"Your sense of compassion is stammering for someone who is about to kill multiple people."

The deli-worker gulped and Eliza looked over and smiled,"Kidding."

Caster walked past her rubbing her hair,"You are way to cheeky, Siren."

She pushed the cart down towards another isle, picking up a few things in order to stock up,"Hmm..You like it."

He leans over her and gave a quick peck on her neck, and whispered,"I most assuredly do. Stay low if this gets bad. One of them is near."

Eliza nodded, as he let her go, and walked ahead of her. She closed her eyes, her mind looking over the architectural structure of the grocery store. She knew every exit, fire escape, and after touching the cash register, the location of a few select items that would be useful in making a plan.

She clenched her fists, hoping this wouldn't intervene with future plans she had in mind.

8. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Ginger let out a low hum once the deli came into view. Archer remained in spirit form but did not hesitate to speak.
    “You feel it to then?” He asked

“Is there a servant as well?” Ginger asked.

“Indeed.” Archer replied materializing in front of his master, his hawk like eyes now scanning the windows of the restaurant. Ginger watched curiously once a small smile formed on her servant's face

"See anything?" She asked.

"The two we saw last night." Archer replied. "Remember? The two engaging in premarital sex."

“Ugh….” Ginger’s tongue couldn’t help but spill out of her mouth. Fucking a servant? The word ‘Necrophilia’ couldn't but smash its way into her skull.

She sighed. "Well its way to public to try and fight them....and to be honest, I'm way to hungry to care about trying to kill them so lets just eat."

"What if they attack?" Archer asked watching as she walked ahead of him. "Then I guess we we hit them back." She replied as she placed her hand on the entrance door.

"Maybe they are civilized."

Eliza caught sight of Ginger and Archer and prepared herself for attack. She looked over them both, reading their body language to see they didn't seem as on edge. She turned to Caster but he was already walking over, his form jumping over the metal bar to stand in front of Ginger,"Well look who it is? The Prude and Princess."

"I don't think this ones a prude. He is just inexperienced." She gave Archer a sexy smile then turned to Ginger,"I suppose we should start killing each other. Are you both fine, dying in the parking lot? Or do you need to buy some more gum."

Caster gave a chuckle then looked at Archer,"You know Eliza, perhaps our mate here is just under the same preference as a wench. To much time at sea or in church can make any man wonder."

Eliza bursted into chuckles tears falling down her eyes.

Archer sighed at the insults and Eliza’s fit of laughter. “One can never have too much time with the Lord.” He said in a quiet voice. “Salvation is very important.” His eyes narrowed. "I do not enjoy having something I spent my life defending mocked."

Ginger stuffed her hands into her pocket. "Look Archer is a prude."

"Heeeey." He tried to cut in in but Ginger gave him no room as she continued speaking. "But I ain't no princess." She snorted. "And I didn't come here to die, I came here cause I was dying of starvation."

Caster turned to Ginger and gave her a smile,"I like this one. Spunky!"

Eliza rubbed her eyes and turned to Ginger,"Well it is against my morals to kill the hungry, and I still have to run through the check out with these so let's just continue this in the parking lot in let's say ten minutes. Unless we can cut our losses here and ally against the other groups."

Caster began to laugh wildly, looking at Archer and Ginger but stopped abruptly when he saw Eliza was watching Ginger with a completely serious expression. Ginger blinked several term her eyes searching for some sort of tell on the thief.

"A bit of a freaky question." Ginger took a step back. "Seeing as you are planning to kill me outside if I refuse."

Eliza smirked,"If you are asking if I'm trustworthy. I'm not. I will eventually try to kill you, but it is also beneficial to team with another pair. There are quite a few very powerful players on this board and I want to make sure that I'm never caught with my pants down. I like controlling my own chances and you both seem reasonable enough to have a conversation with. Besides, I have a plan that is needing a few more players to pull off. I suppose partnership is to buddy buddy, but as long as we don't let our guard down, I don't see any problem with using each other for our own benefits."

Caster looked at Eliza for a few minutes,"Siren calls are sometimes so overbearing."

Eliza didn't look at him,"You just need to be strong enough to survive the wreck."

"Why the fuck do pirates always have to speak in damn riddles." Ginger eyes rolled on reflex. "Excuse me." Archer piped up again his glare focused on Caster. "I don't believe I feel very comfortable working you."

He smirked. "My heart speaks many things of your character and some of your mannerisms have confirmed them."

Eliza was about to speak when Caster leveled his blue eyes on Archer,"My character, Mate has brought fear to thousands over the centuries on the high seas. I am none to excited about working with a god fearing man who lives within a cage but if it means winning the grail. I can push my pride aside, or we can handle this with pistols."

Eliza watched Archer's movements carefully,"Easy Caster. No need to give anyone any hints. Archer, you cannot change the imprint of ones beings but I'm sure we are not the only offenders. We are not asking for true companionship, merely a delay of the inevitable. Meaning your death."

She gave him a weak smile, as she brushed her fingers against Caster's arm. Archer's demeanor changed. "My death?" He giggled, it was a giggle enough to match Caster's earlier. "Hahahahahha." His teeth showed.

"Sorry." He breathed. "But I'm afraid I'd kill you before I ever let a man like you attain the Grail." Archer placed a hand on Ginger's shoulder. "But I will follow this one no matter what choice she makes regarding partnerships with others."

Ginger bit her bottom lip looking back and forth between Caster and Archer. Not good....the two meshed about as well as a black man joining the Ku Klux Klan for racial tolerance.

But, Eliza had a point and points outweighed prison time. "I think." Ginger said. "We will work with you two."

Caster looked at Ginger with a wide smile before looking towards Archer,"Well it's good one of you isn't thinking with your anus."

Eliza tsked, trying not to giggle,"Caster..don't be childish. That's a good decision Ginger. Please pick out some food and we can head out. I suppose you two need a place to stay and I am happy to oblige."

Caster turned to Eliza,"Are you sure about that."

She turned to Caster with a light expression before poking his nose,"Oh yes. We are allies for now, so we might as well stay close to one another and find a safe place to make plans. Assassin could be listening as we speak, and I don't feel to comfortable with Moriarty eating at our heels. It is most likely he was the one who planted those bombs in the church which means he is a formidable enemy that is high on my hit list."

"So you're planning on targeting him?" Ginger said.

"Well Assassin and him did blow up the church." Archer responded. "We certainly need to have words with him on that but Moriarty is a dangerous man we'll need strategy." He ran his hand through his hair. "Also Lancer and Beseker are working as a unit now as well."

Eliza curved her chin to the side,"Lancer and Beserker huh. Interesting. Perhaps destroying him should become top priority. We shall talk about this in a safer location. For now, let's go."

Caster helped pushed the cart to the checkout where Eliza bought all the groceries and they both headed out to the supped up Hummer that stood among the crappy cars within the lot. Caster turned and yelled at their new allies,"It's this one."

Eliza hopped in and set coordinates for her new property. It should have just been finished being built, and everything seemed to be working out as hoped. She set her eyes on the road hoping that nothing would intercept them on their travels.

9. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

Deep within the creaking bowls of an abandoned industrial yard, filled with rusting warehouses and machinery a sleek black limo glided smoothly to a stop. After a brief pause a black suited man with dark shades stepped out of the driver’s seat and strode to the passenger door and opened it. Taking a moment to stare at the man suspiciously Dante eased himself out of the vehicle, taking the brown envelope that the blank faced driver offered him with a casual flick of his wrist. “Remember.” the man said, his thick Russian accent as blank as his expression. “If you need anything return to one of our safe houses or armouries and take what you need.”
    “Thanks sunshine.” Dante replied, waving the brown envelope in acknowledgment as he walked away. After a moment Dante heard the limo door slam and the car drive off, leaving the groans of the factories the only sound that could be heard as he stood at the door to a large warehouse.

“Couldn't have chosen a nicer place.” he muttered as he heaved the sliding door to the side, the screeching of the metal enough to make a banshee pause. Shivering against the cold air that seemed to curl out from the warehouse, he quickly zipped up his black leather jacket before pushing forward into the cold. It wasn’t long until he found what he was looking for as laid out in the dead centre of the factory floor was a pentagram. Not just any pentagram however, but an incredibly elaborate one, stretching a couple metres in every direction with swirling patterns and symbols intertwined in all of it.

Whistling in appreciation Dante walked to its edge, ripping the brown envelope open as he did. Inside was a sheet of paper that held instructions for what needed to be done before the summoning could begin in a flowing lavish script. “I guess busy work can never be avoided no matter how well supplied you are.” He sighed, before jumping to it.

Ten minutes later he stood before the pentagram, the building groaning as wind howled through the large door behind him, whipping his hair into a frenzy as he began to chant.

The pentagram began to glow red faintly, at first. Then, as the chanting continued, the glow intensified. The glowing looked like a red hot stove, but didn't stop there. It got so bright it was almost blinding.
    But the glowing pentagram was not the only amazing product of the chanting, and certainly was not the most amazing. Light seemed to be glowing upwards of the pentagram as well, like some cursed fire. And it, too, increased in brightness, as small sparks of light flowed around the light, not like sparks from a flame, but like tiny spirits.

"Alright..." Came a voice, which was deep, but strangely human, as the light began to dim, and then, dissipate "Where is it?" The man asked, as the light completely vanished and his dark, but certainly European features became visible.

Yes. It was he. A terrifying historical figure, who had carried out brutal acts of war. That time was over, but it did not change the fact of who he was. He was the powerful, deadly servant called Rider.

After the few moments it took to process the awesome summoning, Dante smiled.
    "About 4,725 kilometers that way if you're referring to the fight for the Grail." he replied, hooking a thumb at the wall.

Rider literally facepalmed.
    "No..." he said, his hand still covering his face "No you idiot. I know why you summoned me. I am talking about my ride!" Rider shouted, annoyed, looking around for a horse, or motorcycle, or anything "I will not accept ANY contract, until my ass is on a mount!" He demanded.

"Uhh, sorry." Dante said, his surprised look quickly turning sheepish. "I haven't done anything like this before so....You know what never mind. What do you want?" he said, matter-of-factly.

Rider grew angrier at that question "What do I want? What do I fucking want!?" He shouted "I am the Rider. The Rider. What the fuck do you think I want? Fun fact: Riders ride things. Horses, motorcycles, other rideable objects!"

"All right big guy calm the the fuck down!" Dante shouted back, temper snapping. "You want motorcycles? Here." He disappeared, reappearing in the blink of an eye with a black Harley Davidson. "You like this? Or how about this? Or this? or THIS?!" Each time disappearing and reappearing with a different kind of bike until the open space was filled with them. "And here's your fucking horse!" he yelled for the last time, a black stallion appearing with him, which proceeded to neigh in terror and take off through the open doors. "Happy now?" he said waving his hand at the now filled room, the anger disappearing from his voice as he concentrated on breathing.

Rider sighed "You got it right the first time. Harley Davidson would be my preference." He said, with no hint of anger or reaction to Dante, only boredom.

I should give you a damn bicycle. he thought, almost chuckling at the thought, but what he actually said was, "Good, I'm glad we got that out of the way. Now, will you accept the contract with me as your...what did they call it?" he said, glancing at the paper in his hand. "Ahh yes, master. I don't like that word, but it'll have to do. Will you accept the contract with me as the master?"

Rider stepped back, then dropped to a knee, and bowed his head "Yes, master." He said, with a serious look on his face. It looked like something straight out of a movie. This quickly changed when he got up, however, and his mouth cured to a grin "Haha. Sorry, I had to." Rider was a hammy kind of guy sometimes. Despite his brutality in battle, he did have a sense of humor. And strangely, and coincidentally, as Dante thought of getting Rider a bicycle, Rider imagined himself riding a toddlers undersized bike, laughing a typical villain laugh, before the bike shattered and Rider sit on the ground holding his knee in pain.

Rider then walked over to the motorcycle and got on, turning on the engine, but not moving it anywhere. He LOVED Harleys. "Any part of the deal I'm forgetting? Or can we get that grail already?" Rider asked, not looking at Dante, but staring at the bike as he got comfortable on it.

"phh," Dante replied, waving his hand. "You've probably forgotten more of the specifics than I knew to begin with. All I know is that we need to register at a church in Canada and then beat the six other competitors for the grail. Oh and that we're incredibly late." he said, glancing at his watch. "Ready to go Billy?"

"Well..." Rider said, with a smug smirk on his face "What are we waiting for, then? There are six little lambs waiting to be skewered, and I would hate for them to have to off each other due to my absence."

Dante laughed. "It would certainly make our jobs easier that's for sure, but where's the fun in that?" He began walking towards Rider but paused mid stride. "Oh I almost forgot." Vanishing for a couple seconds he reappeared with two small devices in his hand. "Here" he said, passing one to Rider. "Unless you've got another fancy way of communicating with me these should help us keep in contact if we're separated. Just put it in your ear and we'll be able to talk. Now," he said, with smile, placing his hand on Rider's shoulder. "Let's go get us some lambs." Both them and the bike disappearing in the blink of an eye

10. lixAxil

".... And in today's news. On midnight around 11 pm and 12 pm the local church's interior were found destroyed and the priest nowhere to be seen. It's pressumed this was an act of vandalism for only rest of beer cans had been show in the scene, a few minutes later, a house collapsed, luckily no one was inside of it and there were no collateral damages, it's unknown if both cases are related, it's presumed the house's collapsing was due to a weak structure and it was no more than a simple coincidence, yet experts claims the structure of the houses in the area was pretty resistant, also there was no gas leak detected, so until now the cause of both events is uncertain yet investigations is on the work. On a different note, between 3 am and 4 am at least 10 persons, men and women were found dead of unknown causes, no external wounds were found besides just bruises that suggest struggle, however, forensic claims that the bruises were light and not enough to cause their deaths and so far the cause is unkown as the use of any toxin has been already discarded. Moreover as ten people were killed in the same strange fashion and in a short period of time, police suspects that this is the act of a group; people claims that the assault to the church and the house's crumble are connected to the ten murders due to the close location of them despite no connection between the victims had been found so far. We'll keep you informed about the note......"

11. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Lancer's eyes opened from where he had left himself leaning against a wall. "Do we meet them today?"

"Yes." Taya unfolded herself from her chair and went to fiddle with something in the closet. "Though as always I must be the one on lookout. We may be teaming up but that does not mean i trust them."

Lancer nodded, helmet shining like black gold in the light. "It may cost us their trust however, but I doubt they will do so anyways. It is a business transaction. A contract. We don't need to trust each other, merely work together to survive."

"Yes, and I know where the Master of those two is." Taya flipped out a booklet and flipped to a page with a photo of Mr. Redman. "I've had to study all the teachers at the schools around here over the years in case one happened to become a Master, so I recognized him. He'll likely be at the high school now, but I don't know any more than that. I need to keep digging. You go to the high school and see if you can get him talking, but don't draw too much attention."

Lancer nodded, and his armor morphed into a sleek black suit before he walked out the door. Taya flicked her wrist and her ermine Streak hopped after him, snaked up his leg and vanished in his pocket.

Meanwhile, her falcon Skye screeched and dove out the window, then rose high over the city and began to circle. Taya cold flip between both animals to track the movements of others Servants, as well as see and hear what was going on with Lancer.

Josiah stepped carefully as he picked his way through the school library. He had several books in his hands, nothing interesting really, just a selection that he was teaching. And since he had not exactly had a normal night--or morning the that matter--he had left his lesson plan and case at home.

So now he was picking through the library trying to find just the right translation of theIliad so that he could use it a demonstration of dramatic prose poetry, something that he was sure his students would not at all be thrilled to learn about.

But he could care less about the ingrates this morning. This morning, Josiah's blood was ablaze still from the battle of the previous night. After seeing the power of the other servants, and of his own, he was having second thoughts about this whole endeavor. Berserker was indeed powerful, but he was willful and didn't follow Josiah's direction. Knowing who he was went a long way to explaining this, but still Josiah felt that as a Master he should be due more respect.

Right now, Berserker was outside, stalking the woods around the highschool. He had wanted to go hunting other servants, but Josiah had insisted patience, and that they should stay together. Berserker finally conceded, but his obedience was not what Josiah had expected it to be. And that bothered him more than it probably should have.

"Something is coming this way..." Berserker's voice came softly to his ear, almost like a whisper, but less substantial. "I can sense it."

"Be ready, let me know if you know more," Josiah sub-vocalized, even though it was unnecessary with the telepathic link spell. It was something he had learned just a few nights before, and it was coming in very handy to communicate with his servant.

Leaves crunched beneath his heavy boots as he made his way toward the school, but Lancer halted when something shivered across his peripheral vision. It was more of a sense, not a sighting, but he halted nonetheless. Some senses were more valuable than others.

"I can feel your presence as i am sure you do mine. Must allies always sneak around one another? Or have you chosen otherwise?" he rumbled. "If that is so, then it would be your best interest to not bother attacking me to begin with. It would only waste both our mana, and by then I would be gone."

Berserker smiled and stepped out of spirit form. "So, its you, Lancer isn't it?" Berserker said, regarding the armored Noble Spirit that was before him. "Have no fear, I will stay my blade and spear out of respect for the help rendered in last night's... exchange."

"What is going on?" Josiah queried after a moment, Berserker ignored the mortal's tingling presence.

Lancer nodded. "Then i can deliver a message, as well as an invitation."

"I am afraid you and your master will be the main targets, as predicted by mine. We have no interest in backstabbing others or sneaking around -and though it may seem like my master is doing such she is merely protecting herself. Also, you must understand that no doubt some Servants and Masters may have already made alliances in order to take down the others who may be more of a threat to them, correct? I propose that we make such an alliance, since we are both of equal caliber. It would increase our chances of survival."

Berserker harumphed. "Equal caliber?" he laughed. "Well, anyway... I am not opposed to the idea, but I am under no illusion that given the right opportunity you would try and end me and my master... I would hope that you would have the same realization."

Then he thought at Josiah, "Lancer is here, he wants to make a deal. It doesn't seem like a trap, but I can't be certain."

"A deal? Like an alliance?"

"Yes,"
    Berserker growled.

"What do you think?"

"They are strong, and it would put us in good position to take them out later on in the game."
    Josiah thought for a long moment.

Lancer nodded. "Well, let's just say we have no past enmity to think of killing you right off the bat. And I will say this: my main targets are to be Archer and Asassin. Once those two are out of the way, things will be much easier for the both of us, don't you agree?"

Berserker relayed this to Josiah.

"We accept you offer," he said a moment later. "But do not expect us to work as a 'team'. Think of this more as a nonagression pact as long as out particular goals align." Berserker spoke for Josiah.

"Agreed."

12. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

When the two arrived the morning of the second day was just beginning, a light snow drifting from the clouded skies into the back alley where they now stood. Taking his hand of Riders shoulder, Dante strode to the end of the alley were the town opened up. "The church is just over here." he called back. Stopping short once he had reached the road. "Ahh, looks like we missed the party too." The church still stood where it always had, except now it looked like somebody had got trigger happy with a hand full of grenade.
    Chunks and chips had been taken out of the structure and from what he could see inside, past the manned police line, the place looked even more wrecked. And as if that wasn't enough a nearby building looked like a lego house after a child's tantrum, pieces strewn across the entire area.

Rider shrugged "Whatever. I doubt its really that big a deal." He said, looking at the wrecked church "The main goal of this little competition is to get the damn grail. Nothing else really matters, right?"

"True." Dante replied lightly, shrugging. "But that doesn't mean we shouldn't take our competition seriously. In my line of work preparation and knowledge are the difference between life and death." Turning away from the church he faced Rider. "At this point in time I think we should scout out our opposition. See what they're like and capable of before we charge in guns blazing."

Rider looked away from Dante and into the frozen wastes, giving a dark, creepy grin "You're right. Knowing my enemy has helped me more than once." Rider said, reminiscing of the long past battles, and the fields of dead. "But I wonder, where could they have gone?"

"Safe houses of some kind or another I can imagine." Dante mused. "We should keep our ears to the ground, talk to the locals, see what we can find out about our friends and observe them if we can." Eyeing up a policeman patrolling the line he glanced at his watch before turning to Rider again. " We should split up, we'll cover more ground and be less suspicious. Oh and you might want to change your clothing if you can, that old gettup isn't exactly incognito." he said, regarding Rider.

Rider looked down at himself and his Renaissance attire. "I suppose you are right." He said, imagining himself in a leather jacket, covered in tattoos, and with the whole biker getup "I will get on it straight away. Where might the nearest town be?"

"As far as I know this is the town." Dante replied, gesturing at the buildings around them. "I know, it's no New York or London but at least it'll make tracking down our friends even easier."

Rider frowned, looking around at the buildings with disgust before Dante continued. "Anyway, keep in touch and let me know if something comes up, I'll do the same." he said, waving a hand with his back turned as he walked away towards the church. The hunt begins.

Rider shrugged as Dante walked away. 'Well, guess I better get outta these old clothes.' He thought, starting off on his search for a place to get new threads.

13. motormouth1312

motormouth1312 Member

(sorry to interrupt but could I join?)