1. ginabegin

ginabegin New Member

Hoping to connect with nonfiction writers!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ginabegin, Jul 25, 2015.

I'm not entirely sure if this forum caters to nonfiction, journalism,etc., but if it does, I'm very excited to get involved and learn from others as well as contribute!

Daemon Wolf likes this.
  2. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

More often than not there's a "good" debate going on... But mostly fiction and poetry here.

Welcome, though, and consider fiction -- it could enhance your writing through new challenges.

3. Daemon Wolf

Daemon Wolf Senior Member

I want to be a news writer but I wouldn't consider myself a nonfiction writer. Never really known the appeal of nonfiction writing. Focusing on news lets me show my views about certain subjects and help get people to rethink their own views where as fiction lets me do all that and put a twist and story that people will love. Idk, one seems so fantastic whilst the other to me seems more.... plain. No offence to anybody. Just my view. But I am curious as to what other nonfiction writers there are in here as so many people are talking about sci-fi, sci-fa, or fantasy.

4. Song

Song Active Member

I'm not a nonfiction writer, but welcome to the forum anyway :)

5. Whiplash

Whiplash New Member

Hello and welcome. I am new also. At one time, I started towards a degree in Broadcast Journalism/Media Writing. What type of nonfiction are you wanting to produce? You weren't too specific about that. There are many types from technical writing to media to self-help and everything in-between. Religious, cultural, historic, etc. I have a variety of books from back in the day that give guidance on different forms of nonfiction writing. They may be outdated now but I'll have to go look and see what I have just to give an idea of what kind of resources might help you from the technical or formatting side of things.

Nice to meet you and hope to see you around.

- Whip

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :superhello:

We seem to mostly focus on fiction here, but we've got a few nonfiction writers here as well. And of course, feel free to start a thread about the subject of your choice anytime!

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Have fun! :D

-Kat