how did you chose your username?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by katina, May 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

I have a giant old slang book that has slang from the 20's and 40's etc. Peachalulu was slang for something terrific which I thought was cute.

2. DarkPen14

DarkPen14 Florida Man in Training Contributor

There's a long and short version of this story. SHort version, I had a lot of messed up thoughts flying around and I liked to write them out and pray they were never found.

Long version
    At the time I first started doing things online, I was working on a story (Scales and Fangs. Was about a demi-dragon got turned into a vamp on a mission. Mary-Sued the hell out of him, but I was like 9.) I'd pop in once in a while on some RP forums, starting on fanfiction.net, and then from there, I became more like a lurker. I know it's BS, but I kinda felt like one of the four horsemen for RPGs, because within days of my showing up and joining an RP group, it spiraled down the toilet. At the time I actually started focusing on what I was doing trying to keep stuff alive, I started making characters with really depressing and/or... controversial backstories... Should I have been exploring these topics at 13? No, no I should not have. But I had too much time on my hands and I was going through a phase where I hated everyone and everything that I could not draw inspiration from.
    My mother got me hooked on movies like Riddick and Underworld that had a lot of violence, and then I discovered horror movies. I thought they were really cheesy and crap, since there only either low-budget movies with really unrealistic everything or high-end stuff that was really just boring because it was so interesting that I didn't see it as a horror flick, I just thought the monsters were cool af. Combined that with my limited experience in writing, and Jathan's final *or so I thought* incarnation came together.
    By now, I was more or less established on fanfiction.net, goodreads.com, etc, as a roleplayer, I was on a bunch of forums, modded/admined a few, and I was losing my passwords and information forever because I didn't think to let my computer save the information was a good idea, because of the aforementioned messed up stuff I didn't want anyone to see. I figured out that I needed a consistent motif for this information. And yes, I know that you're not supposed to use the same password for everything. I use two; one for my recreational accounts (roleplay, video games, this), one for my important stuff. I wound up choosing DarkPen14 because I was the sketchiest person ever who sits in the back, wearing all black at all times, writing, at 14.

katina likes this.
  3. Thundair

Thundair Contributor Contributor

I think you should get a DNA check you could be kin to a few people I know.:);):D

katina likes this.
  4. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

I got it working at a factory where there were already two Johns and a Johnny, and a Jean-Mi (nickname for Jean-Michel). Confusion would reign when one of use was paged on the shop loudspeaker. So they just took the initials of my name, John LaTorre, and made it a nickname. Thirty years later, some people still call me that.

katina likes this.
  5. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

If you translate this name literally, it means "The Tower of Gods Graciousness."

Some Guy likes this.
  6. Just a cookiemunster

Just a cookiemunster Active Member

I think my name pretty much speaks for itself. Put a cookie in front of my face and it's gone in three seconds or less guaranteed! :supercheeky:You WILL see crumbs fly.

7. katina

katina Banned Contributor

Oh no!!!! I miss your other avatar picture . I am not sure of this new one. :unsure:

8. katina

katina Banned Contributor

Is it any cookie!:supershock:?

9. Just a cookiemunster

I'm waiting for deadrats to get in here :superlaugh:

deadrats likes this.
  10. Just a cookiemunster

I'm willing to settle for any cookie but the sugar cookies and chocolate chip are my favorites!! :supergrin:

11. Necronox

Necronox Contributor Contributor

I'm going to link the three threads of similar nature, incase anyone wants to browse them to see other members response.
    https://www.writingforums.org/threads/your-username.20925/

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/how-did-you-come-up-with-your-forum-name.157095

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/reason-behind-your-username.127582

But, as for me. I'm going to quote myself:

katina likes this.
  12. Reece

Reece Senior Member

It is an excerpt from my first name. Such excitement. Much creative.

EstherMayRose and Cave Troll like this.
  13. Laughing Rabbit

Laughing Rabbit Active Member

I like rabbits, and most of my online avatars are a picture of my late rabbit, Alvin. I've had a lot of pet rabbits in my life, but Alvin was a special one. He made me laugh a lot with his antics (this avatar picture is from when he had jumped on my desk trying to get a drink of my tea and ended up spilling it everywhere. His forehead was stained yellow for a few days).

14. DK3654

DK3654 Almost a Productive Member of Society Contributor

That's a cute story.