1. Mjarabrab

Mjarabrab New Member

How do I include a photo from my computer with my poetry?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mjarabrab, Oct 30, 2009.

Ok, I"m not one for being smart on this computer, I would like to start posting my poems, and reviewing of course, and cannot find in the FAQ's
    my answer to how to post a photo.
    Please feel free to laugh, but what and where is a URL? I have found some on my photos that I have on photobucket, but the photo that I want to use first, is on my computer, and does not have a url I think,,,
    so, anyone care to explain in a very simple way for me??
    All my poetry has accompanying photos, so my work without them, won't have the complete meaning when they are read,, so
    thankyou ahead of time, and meanwhile, I"ll continue to try to figure it out.
    Mj

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

If you are planning to post your poem in the Review Room, please do not post a photo. The writing is to be critiqued only for the writing, without supplementary materials.

If your poetry is incomplete without the image, then it is incomplete, and that is an issue to address in the critiques.

3. Mjarabrab

Mjarabrab New Member

HI- Thank you for your response. I am brand new here, so learning your rules.
    My poems are a bit different in that they relate directly to the photos, so forgive me if I thought I could.
    Is there a place on your forum that I can post them together, or I understand what you are saying, to just post the poem.
    Thanks,
    Barbara

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You can post on your member blog without having to participate in critiquing exercises.

And the URL is the web address of the page or image. To include a picture, you have to post the URL of an image file on the Internet, which begins with http: and typically ends with .jpg, .png, .gif, but NOT .htm or .html or .php.