1. abby75

abby75 Member

How do I know when I've qualified to post for review?

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by abby75, Aug 4, 2012.

I'm just wondering if I will get some kind of notification that I've passed the initiation period, so to speak? I don't want to get it wrong and post my work for critique, only to be told my critiques aren't constructive enough. What is the procedure, will I be notified or do I just post my work when my initial 14 days is up and hope for the best?

2. E. C. Scrubb

E. C. Scrubb Active Member

Kinda wondering the same thing.

I'm working on something right now and am looking forward to getting some critical feedback.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

No, no notification. The requirements are in the site rules. Please note that there are specific criteria as to what constitutes Constructive Critiques. You don't need to (and should not) ask the moderators to verify your eligibility before posting.

If your critiques are determined not sufficiently constructive, your thread will be closed AFTER you have posted it. That determination cannot be automated, so it comes from the moderators checking your posting history. Know that we have a pretty good idea at all times who is putting effort into critiques and who is just posting perfunctory comments.

If you are certain you have met the criteria, and are still unable to post, please contact Daniel. not the moderators. The site software has had problems from time to time, and only Daniel can investigate and fix these problems.

4. abby75

abby75 Member

O.K, well I think I have met the criteria, I just wanted to avoid the embarrassment of having a post closed. Critiquing is new to me, I don't feel entirely comfortable with it as I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings! I can take criticism of my own work but as I am as yet unpublished I do feel a little unqualified to give reviews, I prefer to give praise where it is due rather that point out errors,but I am trying my best!

5. vVvRapture

vVvRapture New Member

Well, if you want a really want an easy way to know, go to the places where you can post your work for review.

If the forum shows a "Post New Thread" button, then you have qualified and you can post work for review.

If the forum does not show a "Post New Thread" button, then you have not yet qualified and you cannot post work for review.

Simple as that.

6. abby75

abby75 Member

Thanks vVvRapture, I will check!

7. abby75

abby75 Member

Thanks vVvRapture I checked and it's not showing yet, but this is only my 14th day as a member.

8. o0oHANDo0o

o0oHANDo0o New Member

Hi,
    Silly question... Sorry... but...
    Are the weekly contests open to us "newbies" as well? Or does the two week delay count there as well?

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

No, the delay does not apply to the weekly contests - all members in good standing* may compete. And those questions ARE answered in the section of the site home paged marked Important Information.

* In good standing mans not banned. A member who is banned after entering but before the contest ends is disqualified as of the moment the ban takes effect.