How do you define art?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Louanne Learning, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade Active Member

Ack!!! :eek: It's Hecate, the three-headed goddess of witchcraft!!! *runs away*

(Nah, not really. But if you look at paintings, she really does have three heads. ;) So ... who or what is that supposed to be? Now I'm curious). :)

2. Louanne Learning

Louanne Learning Happy Wonderer Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Five heads, if you include the skull up top and the figure coming out of the crotch.

So, in general, what does multi-heads mean? More knowledge? More wisdom? More sight?

3. Louanne Learning

Louanne Learning Happy Wonderer Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

I have a clear memory of watching the movie Madame X, starring Lana Turner, in the 1960s. I was not more than ten years old. I watched it at a sleepover at a friend's. It made an impression on me.

I wonder if the screenwriter was inspired by John Singer Sargent's Madame X (1884)

[​IMG]

Cave Troll and Madman like this.