How do YOU get your character names?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Remm, Jun 10, 2008.

1. heart shaped box

heart shaped box New Member

The names I use are just some names I like, or have made up.
    For example, Ayora.
    I also use the names of people I know.

2. Lillias

Lillias New Member

Usually I make variations on real life names , names from mythology (if it's fantasy) variations on words that I like the sound of. Sometimes I just scramble a bunch of syllables and see what I come up with. I don't usually worry about meaning for names.

3. Trave_xx

Trave_xx New Member

I use my head, meanings, astrological signs, and mixing Spanish/French words to make a name.

4. Kylo

Kylo New Member

OK, long stories for my characters.

Midi: He was originally a human for a story called The Adventures of Midi and Wave, a story about a world called Audiopia where all the culture was based on music. It was scrapped, but I kept the name Midi in reserve because it had a nice ring. Then I got into the furry fandom, and made my first character, Kit the Cat. He needed a sidekick, so Midi was the first thing that came to mind. Kit got scrapped and Midi stayed along with me.

Trey: I named him after a thief from my fangame First Fantasy. That Trey back then had a very silly personality that is now found in Midi, while my black mage Lenn, a more serious character, had his personality put into the current Trey.

Sophie: I just liked the name.

Justin: Totally random.

Rift: I didn't make this guy up. He was given to me by a friend who had no use for him anymore. Yeah, my friends and I tend to share characters.