1. Hublocker

Hublocker Active Member

How early to start pushing upcoming release?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Hublocker, Dec 1, 2023.

I have book coming out in April by a large western Canadian publisher and though I announced the news on Facebook to my friends with great response and interest when it was put into the Spring 2024 catalogue two months ago, I am wondering how hard to push it now.

Madman likes this.
  2. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

It's my understanding that publishers have advanced copies that they mail out to news outlets and other places for reviews prior to the release date. I'm not sure how far in advance that is done, but I would think that would be the next or first step to promoting your upcoming title. So, maybe talk to the publisher and see what the plan is for that.

Good luck and congratulations!

3. w. bogart

w. bogart Contributor Contributor Blogerator

@deadrats is giving good advice here. You should be coordinating your efforts with your publisher. You don't want create friction with efforts that complicate their efforts. With their experience they can likely give you advice on how you can supplement their efforts in promoting your work.

deadrats likes this.