How long does it take for you to finish a book?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by lawrencelpy, Dec 22, 2017.

1. VM80

VM80 Contributor Contributor

It depends what kind of book/how long it is.

I've read a number of 'thin' books since last month (e.g. 200 pages each). It took about 4 hours to read each one.

2. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

Depends on how much I'm into it. If I wanted, I could finish a novel in a couple days/ a week. If it's dry but I still read it it might take a month or more, like the book I'm reading right now.

Goodey and Shenanigator like this.
  3. Goodey

Goodey New Member

Like for GlitterRain7, for me it depends on how much I like a particular book. Sometimes I can absorb books with 1-2 days and sometimes they take years and not get finished in the end :).

4. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

depends. I've finished a 300-400 page book in a single night (worst decision ever.... i felt so hungover!). recently, though, its been taking me a week or two to finish a book of that length, mainly because I have homework and then my day job.

then i have books I've started a year ago that i'm trudging through. Its been a year and I'm not done because I keep getting distracted by other books!