How many books do you read?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by architectus, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ParanormalWriter

ParanormalWriter New Member

Some months I might read half a dozen books, others I read none. It really depends on how busy I am and whether I've had any great reads recommended to me lately. I'm a firm believer in what they say about great writers being great readers, so I try to make some reading time as often as I can. Sometimes that means reading published novels, other times I'm reading my CP's work. Either way, it's something I love doing and I consider it a very worthwhile use of time.

2. mistressoftheflies

mistressoftheflies New Member

I read at least one book a week no matter what. At glorious times like summer vacation, I can read multiple novels in one day.

What can I say,I just love to read! :]

3. AdamLeliel

AdamLeliel New Member

I haven't read a fiction book (novel length or so) in about, what, half a year? It's quite terrible. Though I intend to read A Clockwork Orange at some point in the near future.

Non-fiction and graphic novels on the other hand... God knows.

4. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

It mostly depends upon the book and how much free time I have. Sometimes it'll only be 1-2 and sometimes it may be around 5. Sometimes I'll try to sneak in a chapter or two during my classes. Even at night, I sometimes don't finish my work until 7 or maybe 8. I try to write for an hour or so a day and, by that point, I'm really too tired to read and can't focus. So most of my reading is done on the weekends.

5. Alex_Hartman

Alex_Hartman New Member

I haven't read a single book all month, unless you count my history, math, and physics book. *tear* And it's hard because I love to read so much. I guess I have been reading (and re-reading) notes, but that's not fun, you can't get lost in notes about polyatomic ions like you can in a book =(

6. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

I read a lot of short books, so I could get as many as twenty in one month if I'm not busy. Because I work in education and because I expect my books to be marketed to a younger age group, reading children's and youth books is part of the job.