1. Rashi Arie

Rashi Arie New Member

How to convince the audience

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Rashi Arie, Jul 23, 2019.

I'm writing this story where I have to kill of one or possibly two characters and make it look like an accident or suicide. So far I can't figure it out

2. LoaDyron

LoaDyron Contributor Contributor

Dear, friend. :superhello:

That depends on your genre and the backstory your character, and if that accident or suicide was intentional or not. For example, you can combine the two to look like an accident and suicide at the same time. Someone pushed the victim from a balcony, and it will look like the person committed suicide; or the murder created a meticulous plan to his/(her victim to a place and then when the individual reaches the place, kt c ab occur an accident.

I hope this helps. Keep on good work and have fun.:superagree:

Rashi Arie likes this.
  3. suddenly BANSHEES

suddenly BANSHEES Senior Member

Oh, absolutely! It's hard to give any specific advice without knowing the setting/characters/context, but it can certainly be done.

For a faked suicide, the perpetrator could find some way to fake a suicide note for the victim, to leave in some place where others would find it. Then they could push the victim off of a high place, or in front of a moving train or what have you, and it wouldn't raise many eyebrows at first. They could also possibly drug the victim without them knowing it somehow, and make it seem like they intentionally overdosed.

As for accidents, tampering with safety measures or equipment the victim uses or spends time around could work. This might be a little trickier if the villain wants to only kill these specific people and not have any collateral damage. But also, making it look like just a freak accident that hurt more than just their intended victims could help keep folks off their trail.

There's all sortsa fun ways to kill off characters. The world's your murderous oyster.

Rashi Arie likes this.
  4. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Plenty of good stuff in this thread started by @Rashi Arie asking pretty much the same question