1. Josephine Duke

Josephine Duke Member

Currently Reading::
    Last Night at the Telegraph Club

How To Unlock Account?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Josephine Duke, Oct 27, 2021.

Due to too many login attempts (forgot my password), my account has been locked. How long will this take to fix?

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

you appear to be logged into it now... or do you mean a different account?

3. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Is there a link where people can message the mods if they get locked out? If so, I think it wasn't visible on the main page so someone may have created another account to communicate their issue.

4. Josephine Duke

Josephine Duke Member

Currently Reading::
    Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    I ask because when I tried to set up two factor authentication with my account, I entered my password wrong again, and got the error message about my account being locked.
    I assumed it wouldn’t let me log into any other sessions after that for a short period of time, while keeping me logged in my current ones.

5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

the contact us is right at the foot of the main page - I'd agree it ought to be more visible, but only Daniel can change it unfortunately

6. big soft moose

Two step verification is showing as disabled on your account page but the account is otherwise showing as valid... so you should be able to just log in with a password as normal.

The lock out for wrong entry is an anti hacking measure to stop a bot from hitting us with thousands or millions of combinations until it finds the right one... i don't know how long it locks you out for but its not permanent

Josephine Duke likes this.