1. powertodream

powertodream New Member

I are not happy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by powertodream, Jun 27, 2007.

So I recently signed a lease for my very first apartment. (yay me!)

I also had to call the local electric company and the gas company so that I would have both when I moved in. Fair enough. I'm not huge on talking to people on the phone, but that's life.

So I call PGW (Philadelphia Gas Works). I DO realize what I did wrong there; I neglected to remember that my social security card has my middle name on it and so a conflict came up. Ergo, I have to go into the city to do it in person, with lease, two forms of ID, and social security card.

I am annoyed now, but I already know what I did wrong. So I call PECO (Philadelphia Electric Company) to get electricity and do it right this time around. THIS time, I have my social security card out beside me as I'm on the phone, so I give the right name.

And with THIS one, there's ALSO a conflict, so I have to go in to do THAT one in person, too!

I thought I was finished with this in-and-out-of-the-city crap. And now I have to go sit around at PGW and PECO to show them my two forms of ID, one of which will be my green card (so I'm bound to get funny looks), and HOPEFULLY, MAYBE, when I get home tomorrow, I will have things set up for my apartment.

But at this point, I'm not getting my hopes up.

2. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

Well thats no fun, but congrats on the new apartment. Party at your house? just kidding.

3. powertodream

powertodream New Member

My new apartment is 1-room and roughly the size of a large closet. No kidding.

4. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

lol well at least it is yours right? put some mirrors up. Might make it look bigger.haha. Dont make it dark, light colors makes things appear bigger. good luck with closet apartment

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Your Social Security info should be none of their effing business. SS# is highly overused, and is primarily responsible for the explosion of identity theft in the US.

6. Bick

Bick New Member

aw :( -sends a hug over there- At least you have your own place :x No one to bug you except nosy neighbors

7. powertodream

powertodream New Member

It's not even that I don't want to do it in person...it's just the damn inconvenience of it all. I don't LIVE in the city right now!

8. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Sounds like an awful innconvenience really.. would have annoyed the hell out of me :(

Glad to hear about your new lease, good luck in your new apartment and I think wordwizard's advice could be a good idea :p

9. sashas

sashas New Member

woah!

that reminds me...I just filled out my first credit card application and I gave in the wrong name for it! It doesn't match the one on my social security card!
    Will it matter? Cz there's just the confusion of Given Name and Last Name on it..otherwise, its ok..