1. NateSean

NateSean Senior Member

I can't remember the title...

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by NateSean, Mar 26, 2011.

There's a short story I've been trying to find.

I read it in an anthology of time travel stories and I can't think of the title of either the story or the anthology for the life of me.

The summary is this: A guy travels into the future, but he has a limited amount of time (hehe, irony) so he desperately asks a citizen of this future time for proof that he can take back with him.

The person he asks tells him to take off all of his clothes in exchange for a pen. Then the person winks out of existence, and we learn that this happens quite often. The people in the future are always playing this kind of prank on these people because when the time traveler returns to his own time, he has no memory of his trip to the future, no clothes and all he has is a pen, which doesn't prove anything.

Does this ring a bell to anyone? Has anyone else read the story and do they know where I can find it again?

2. Darkjester79

Darkjester79 Member

I have no idea what the story is but if you find out what it is post the title and author here cause that sounds funny as ****!

3. NateSean

NateSean Senior Member

It was. I was hoping to share it with another forum I had brought it up on, but I don't even live near the library I found the book in anymore, heh.

4. VM80

VM80 Contributor Contributor

Okay, I have a few of those...

First:

Children's book I read when I was around 10. (So early 90s)

It was about a girl, I think aristocratic in some way, who lives in a big house with a lake. She befriends a young girl and they go out in a boat. One of them drowns, or there was some kind of accident out on the water.

Beyond that I remember there was something about a painting, and I think one of the girls was named Emily.

Good thread :)

5. Louis Farizee

Louis Farizee New Member

I think you're thinking of The Business, As Usual by Mack Reynolds.

6. NateSean

NateSean Senior Member

I love you...Thank you so much.