1. Bran

Bran New Member

I need some assistance

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Bran, May 31, 2011.

so i have 3 main characters, and they are all in different nations. i need to get them all into one place: the realm of a god (this is fantasy, mind you). your thoughts on how it could be done? i have a few theories already

2. SilverWolf0101

SilverWolf0101 Active Member

Perhaps stating some of your theories will help us develop our own, and further assist you in your plot.

Basically, I'd like some more information before venturing forth on the subject.

3. Norm

Norm New Member

Well if it's a realm of gods, am I right to assume that gods would be able to bring them there themselves?

4. Lord Malum

Lord Malum New Member

Take a page out of ancient mythology. How did mortals make it to the realm of the gods then?

5. Bran

Bran New Member

i was thinking of having the god's minons find them and bring them to the realm (think wring wraiths from LOTR or The Others from Song of Ice and Fire), but it just seems to random...

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You tell us. It's your story.

If you don't know yet, set the story aside for a while. Take it out occasionally to remind you to keep thinking of answers to your question.

This isn't a minor sticking point. It could be a substantial part of your story.

Exercise your imagination!

7. StrangerWithNoName

StrangerWithNoName Longobard duke

You have the creative control of the story so it's up to you to find a plausible (or unplausible) reason of their meeting.

8. kelbell*44

kelbell*44 New Member

I like the wraiths idea and it wouldn't sound so random if there was a specific reason for finding them and bringing them all to this realm...maybe they all have something in common? Like they're linked in some way? Maybe they could share a skill or a quality or even be the descendants of the same person?

Ok, I might be going a bit far with that, but I think if you establish a similarity of some kind between them that fits in with your plot or relates to the function of these characters in your overall plot and whatever happens next then you could definitely make this idea work. :)

9. bumblebot

bumblebot New Member

There are cultures where people would take mind altering substances with the belief that it allowed them to communicate with the gods or helped them to explore a supernatural realm.

10. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

Do they physically go there, or could they all just be in a trance state or something?

11. Kio

Kio New Member

Those are probably the drugs talking. Mind-altering substances don't have the ability to take you to any supernatural realm; it merely warps the brain. Even then, it depends on the drug. Apparently LSD can tap into different parts of the brain, but I highly doubt it.

To physically get into the realm of god, I assume they can't just barge in unexpected and uninvited? They'll probably have to be invited in. Maybe the mortals got in trouble and are to be judged by the god him/herself? Or maybe the god just likes them and wants their company, though I don't see that happening even in a world of fiction. I don't believe any god would want to spend too much time with us :p

12. bumblebot

bumblebot New Member

Of course hallucinogenics don't really transport people to other worlds, but this is a work of fiction we're discussing.

13. Bran

Bran New Member

they are to be physically transported there

14. Rodney

Rodney New Member

How bout they all died in tragic but similar ways? Not sure what the plot is, just throwing ideas out there, hope it helps!