1. Z. C. Bolger

Z. C. Bolger New Member

I spent the better part of an hour looking for an answer... So I'll just ask here.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z. C. Bolger, Apr 10, 2012.

The words "member" or "junior member" or "I love bacon" as I saw some one had... How do you change that? I can't find the option anywhere in the settings area.

2. Just Jon

Just Jon New Member

I am new here, but if I remember BB software correctly, it has to do with the number of posts.

3. superpsycho

superpsycho New Member

I would assume it's based on the number of post, maybe how long you've been here and other factors, including if you've reached the point where you can post your work.

4. Z. C. Bolger

Z. C. Bolger New Member

Really? But some had " I like Bacon" or something.

5. Just Jon

Just Jon New Member

That is more likely related to dietary preferences.

:)

Seriously though, I have no idea about the bacon thing, but one more post and you will likely be a "member".

6. Z. C. Bolger

Z. C. Bolger New Member

............... 1 more? :)

Hooray!

But seriously, someone else had song lyrics there...... I guess I should find them and ask :) thanks for the help guys.

7. Just Jon

Just Jon New Member

I recall reading something in the FAQ that actually discourages posting your work because it technically made your work published. So, does posting make it harder to get your work published elsewhere as a result?

8. Z. C. Bolger

Z. C. Bolger New Member

It depends on how much you post. I believe the maximum is 13 lines. If its over that a lot of publishers will consider it published online as its a free for all to copy and paste the story elsewhere. I read that in the writers area for hatrack.com

9. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Hi Zcbolger,

'Junior Member', 'Member', and 'Senior Member', are based on your post count. From what I've seen you're a Junior Member when you sign up, a Member at I think 30 posts, and a Senior Member at 100. I just became a Senior member 7 posts back.

The 'I Love Bacon' is a custom User Title. You can get one if you support Writing Forums with a donation. You can read all of the special features you can receive by being a supporter here: https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=5508

Hope this helps you! :)

10. Z. C. Bolger

Z. C. Bolger New Member

Jess, first. Congrats on becoming a Senior Member. I just had a lo of fun becoming a "member" so becoming a senior member must super fun :)

That does help a lot. Thanks so much :)

11. JessWrite

Thanks, and congrats on being a 'Member'! It's always fun to achieve something. Although, being deemed 'Senior' makes me feel like an oldie...LOL Oh well, I'm a Senior in High School, so what next? :)

12. Z. C. Bolger

Z. C. Bolger New Member

Aw, a senior in high school; I remember the days well. easiest days of my life, though at the time every small problem was blown out of proportion. Wish i could go back with the knowledge I have now. :)

Anyway, enough of my ancient wanderings. What do you write?

13. superpsycho

superpsycho New Member

When I refer to work I mean short stories, poems and excerpts from work which can be posed when you've been here 14 days, had twenty posts and reviewed two pieces of work by other authors. The site is broken right now so no one can post their work. They do not want you posting full novels or work you intend to try and publish.

14. JessWrite

Haha, the good ol' days. I always wonder what I'll think of my high school self when I'm older...:)

I love writing anything really, the keyboard is my best friend. Right now, I'm into writing children's stories and teen fiction. For some reason, writing stories for kids comes naturally to me, I guess since I read a lot of children's books.

I love stories full of irony too, and try to weave that into my writing. My dream is to make someone smile or laugh when they read my writings. :)

15. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i was a real 'senior' long before i attained 'senior' status here [not long after the site was born], so it's no big deal for me... and i was a senior in high school before the parents of many of you were gleams in their parents' eyes... :rolleyes: