If you were to be one famous person for a day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by katina, Jul 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Necronox

Necronox Contributor Contributor

I'd be someone like Bill Gates of that bezoas person from Amazon. Then, I would give all his money to my actual self and live happily ever after

2. Baeraad

Baeraad Senior Member

All the famous people I can think of, by the very nature of being famous, seem to live very public and stressful lives. Can anyone think of a reclusive billionaire who just sort of hangs out in his luxurious mansion a lot? 'Cause I'd like to be him for a day. :p

3. badgerjelly

badgerjelly Contributor Contributor

Queen Liz, because I’m curious to know what a-day-in-the-life of the Queen would be like. She was the first person that sprung to mind, the next would be Donald Trump, for the same reason.

I imagine both would be quite different from anything I’d have expected - especially private meetings and such. To be a fly on the wall, or Jeff Goldblum!

katina and Some Guy like this.
  4. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

I recently helped a friend on a charity fund-raiser which involved driving a 20' inflatable rubber duck on a raft up and down the river Thames - everywhere there were cameras/phones/iPads pointed at us. Every passing boat, every person on the towpath, every house, every riverside pub, every shopping centre; photos. If my bum itched I had to put up with it or surely there would be a photo of me on Facebook somewhere scratching my arse. Being famous would be a nightmare... although I did wonder why people weren't waving at me when I went in to the supermarket...

5. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Oh to be a fly on Jeff Goldblum....sigh

Some Guy likes this.
  6. Mish

Mish Senior Member

This Fly?

[​IMG]

The Dapper Hooligan and Some Guy like this.
  7. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Ernest Hemingway?

Again the raging thirst. He arose from the bed sheets, staggered to the lavatory, the cool seat, the bottle of Scotch at the taps. His belly, 'Oh my God look at my belly, do I have a penis?' said Ernest to tiles on the floor. Images of an old fish flashed through his mind, the worst hangover, bells tolled in his eyeballs. 'Cigarette,' ' thought Ernest and dragged a sheet to his bureau.

Orwell? Cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, inhale, inhale, cough, cough, cough, inhale.

Rowling? ROWLING! multiple purchases on Amazon weren't really the issue when every day was a payday. A lurid green kitchen bin was basket bound, a purple metallic toaster Not Rowling. 'I see forsooth my wife ye have purchased the plastic crappe again! Does thee not consider the children of the world? I hate China,' said the pedant hosband to hith wiffe. Not Rowling, I never married JK.

Papamoomin should be outlawed, Finnish cultural hegemony is the very dangerous germ.

All I can suggest is some super-pneumatic individual, a Venus figurine for my selection, or a gorilla? If you took a gorilla for a shave and wax that would identify me presently, so possibly the opposite of that? Someone really clever, oh Wittgenstein, I choose him.

[​IMG]

8. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

The best comment ever here!

9. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

No way in hell would I want to be famous. Just give me my money and credits and keep the rest of it. So off-hand I can't think of anyone famous I'd trade with.

10. Geoff1975

Geoff1975 New Member

The author of the Torah.

11. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Which one?

Iain Aschendale and EFMingo like this.
  12. ThunderAngel

ThunderAngel Contributor Contributor

Wednesday Addams. Not an actual person, but certainly famous. :)

Some Guy likes this.