Tags:
  1. another wasted day

another wasted day Member

If your novel was turned into a movie...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by another wasted day, Sep 4, 2011.

I've been thinking about this lately in terms of my own work - if your novel was made into a movie or TV show, who (what actors) would you want to play the main characters?

2. The-Joker

The-Joker Contributor Contributor

Oh one can dream.

Toby Maguire would play the leading role of my first novel. The female has to be flawlessly beautiful, since she's a siren in human form. I don't know, Megan Fox? She'd have to take a few acting classes first of course. Preferably some administered by me personally.

3. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

hehehe, I haven't decided on the actors yet but I did actually decide on some of the songs for the movie :) I cannot even imagine who would play the mc's.
    but it is a nice thought, as joker said, we can always dream!

4. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Ive always imagine Emma Stone playing as one of my characters haha. Along with Jim Carrey, Brandon. T Jackson, and so on...

5. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

In my two older pieces, (which I've thought about adapting as screenplays since they'd work rather well, I think), I'd want Stephen Moyer (it's a mental patient role), and for the other, Jake Gyllenhaal is only just too old for it, I think (supernatural, violent role).

In my current piece, I'd love someone like Guy Pearce. He really has the right look about him.

6. Kio

Kio New Member

I always fantasize about this, despite how small the chances of a big movie producer taking up my book would be.

I dream that I can help get a Polynesian actress to become one of the big Hollywood actors, mainly because most of the stars are Caucasian and it's hard for an actor who is anything else to make it big. In fact, I probably won't even get any known actors because almost all of my main characters are not white. Unless, of course, I have no say in the movie production and all my characters are whitewashed.

7. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

As fort the female mc it's pretty hard because she's got this light red almost blonde hair that not many actresses apart from nicole kidman has got and she's definitely too old (the mc is in her early 20's). besides she needs to be really tall. suggestions? as for the guy it's equally difficult as the ones that look like the mc are too old too. i'd like to cast them from how they looked 10 or 20 years ago, haha.

8. Yoshiko

Yoshiko Contributor Contributor

Not cool.

I don't know. Relatively unknown stars whose appearances haven't been moulded to fit what the public deem as beautiful/handsome or warped by plastic surgery; people who look average would suit the cast better than celebrities. However, I'll admit that I'd love for Kazuhiro Saitō to play my MC's brother's friend (Babe) - he isn't really an actor (he appeared in a 20 minute short film) but he has the right look. I think Babe is the only character I can match-up to someone.

9. theweatherman

theweatherman New Member

Honestly, I don't know if I would ever want anything I wrote to be turned into a film. Somehow in most film adaptations they always seem to butcher the original story. For example, Michael Crichton's Timeline, a well-written, incredibly researched book with great film potential turned into a subpar movie.

10. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

I thought about that a couple days ago, there's a character of mine i wanted a new star to play so they could be introduced.

11. Talitha

Talitha New Member

Radha Mitchell, Amanda Seyfried and Alan Tudyk.

Not my favorite actors, not actors who I think are brilliant, just actors who would be perfect for the roles.

12. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

My lead in my first novel is an elderly man, but one who still is physically fit. Patrick Stewart fits the bill physically, but he'd have to tone it down a bit - my MC is not a stern hero type. Tommy Lee Jones could do it, too, in his No Country For Old Men mode. The other MC in this novel is a young boy, and I guess the actor to play him isn't anybody known yet.

13. Naiyn

Naiyn New Member

Well, since about a quarter of my time is spent in a fantasy world, I may as well take it one step further, just for fun.

I think Hayden Panettiere and Ellen Page would be perfect for my two lead roles. And Clive Owen would make a good male lead. Not sure about my main antagonist... oh what the heck, let's go with Brad Pitt. He's done pretty well with some psychopath characters in the past.

14. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    I couldn't imagine who would play my MC, because she's meant to be a chubby girl. Let's face it, there aren't many chubby actresses of about 20 years old in Hollywood right now. Or at least I haven't seen them.

Weight aside, though, I think Ellen Page could fit the bill.

I could definitely imagine Lauren Ambrose (here) playing my main antagonist, because she's more or less a colder, rougher, much bitcher version of the part she played in Six Feet Under. She looks the part, anyway.

The problem is that my novel is set amongst English and Irish people, so it's hard to imagine American actresses playing the parts even if they have the right look. It's all fun though.

15. psychotick

psychotick Contributor Contributor

Hi,

For my wizard in Maverick I'd be looking for someone in their thirties roughly, darker hair, a little bit physically tough (though not macho) and also a little bit nerdy. Not sure who would quite fit the bill - a young Val Kilmer perhaps. But for the elves, that tall thin annoying guy off Big Bang theory (Sheldon?) would make a brilliant elf. He's already got the face and the physique. Just give him some ears and a bit of long hair and maybe a sun tan. As for the female elf, I was thinking the woman Zoe? from Avatar. She did that blue role so perfectly.

Cheers.

16. dizzyspell

dizzyspell Active Member

I could imagine Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing my male MC.

As for the others, no idea whatsoever.

17. suddenly BANSHEES

suddenly BANSHEES Senior Member

I like to think that Isaac Hempstead Wright (the kid who plays Bran Stark on GoT) would make a good Sawyer. Except, he'd have to hack off all his hair, and that would be tragic. That boy has some fabulous hair.

Not sure about Benji, since he's supposed to be pretty plain-looking. Maybe Asa Butterfield?

18. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

I definitely wouldn't know actors for all of the mc's, but if Giovanni Ribisi and Alessio Boni would be in it, that would be nice. :)

19. TerraIncognita

TerraIncognita Aggressively Nice Person Contributor

I haven't the foggiest clue. I've never given it thought. I don't know why.

Probably some unknown actors/actresses. There isn't anyone who comes immediately to mind that I'd like to play any of my characters. :p

20. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

Saoirse Ronan. Who else?

21. Wryture

Wryture New Member

Tilda Swinton would be my old woman who runs an antique store

Dwayne Johnson would be armed zombie gunshooter

Justin bieberr would play my protagonist Jake

And natalie portman would play my protagonist Alex

...will post script in a bit

22. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Jesse Eisenberg and Emma Stone would be in my movies. Good looking but not in a plastic way.

23. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I guess Elijah Woods would play Amos, although he'd have to dye his hair reddish-brown and concede to wearing contacts that blur his vision (and make his eyes brown as that's the color of Amos' eyes.)

Sean Astin would play Robin Parrish.

Sean Bean would play as Mr. Parrish.

Emma Watson would play as Robin's elder sister, Emily Parrish.

David Tennant and Matt Smith would play Josiah and Frank, the two antagonists of the story.

Who would play Wilkins? Alan Rickman, maybe...

Hmmm, yes. The vast majority of the cast are British. This is delibrate as the town in the book is largely pro-monarchy.

24. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

I want Chris Hemsworth to shave his head and eff up his nose, so that he can play my superhero character.

Other than that, I have a girl crush on Mila Kunis, so I'd want her to play any character she wanted.... she's smexy.

25. Forceflow

Forceflow New Member

lol. im sure you'd enjoy those 'teaching sessions'.

I dont know. since half of the things in my book are talking penguins i would need some extremely small actors :)