Im getting really tired of Vampires.

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Fullmetal Xeno, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Salem's Lot is pretty poor. But it's tolerable.

It's one of those books that gets better as it goes on. Which is good, because the opening is bad enough to make you physically angry.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Oh, and I should have mentioned Let the Right One In. Good book.

3. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

^ And good film too. Or the European one is anyway. I've never seen the US remake.

4. Steerpike

The U.S. remake is actually pretty good as well. The Swedish film is still superior, but my fears that the U.S. remake would ruin it proved to be unfounded. Of course, it didn't do too well in the U.S., probably because it was closer to the source material and not so much a typical 'Hollywood' movie.

5. flipflop

flipflop New Member

what about "shaun of the dead":p

6. StrangerWithNoName

StrangerWithNoName Longobard duke

I've never seen the american remake, but the swedish movie was great, I lived for one year in Stockholm and it perfectly nailed the dark and cold atmosphere of that town and the uneasy and a little alienated society.

If you say that the remake was good I'll try to get it, I'm curious.

P.S. BTW, swedish writers rock and I see that they are able to make good literature, unlike my native country, alas. That's the reason why I'm writing in english, or at least I try.

7. StrangerWithNoName

StrangerWithNoName Longobard duke

Simon Clark...is he the guy who wrote the vampire story in a small english village with a hotel? I remember I've read a book like that in italian, but the title was "the city of vampires" because they like to change titles. It was good.

8. Poppyrose

Poppyrose New Member

Vampire fiction has gone a bit mad. I'm not ashamed to admit I love the Twilight series. I have read quite a few other paranormal books to find something as good.

I enjoyed "shiver" and "linger" by Maggie Stiefvater about werewolves - although I've given up on "Forever" as I didn't find it as good as the others. I also enjoyed "Hush Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick which is about a fallen angel.

All the others I have picked up I have ended up abandoning.

9. AveryWhite

AveryWhite Active Member

iv read these except linger and forever, they were ok but iv read much much better.
    have you read vampire academy series by richelle mead? now that was GOOD!!! :) also strange angels series by lili st.crow? about nearly everything that goes bump in the night and paranormal, thats good.

going way off topic, but have you read starcrossed by josephine Angelini? that ones about gods and greek mythology but in the same kind of genre, that was brill!!!! i think one of my favorites so far apart from vampire academy in that genre :)

oh! and another one to do with angels in that genre - fallen, torment, passion by lauren kate? theyre good. :p

10. Steerpike

Yes, that sounds like the same one. The vampires were suitably mean and nasty in that book.

11. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

As long as it's blood pudding.

12. Poppyrose

Poppyrose New Member

I have read a few reviews about star-crossed it's on my list to read, I've 8 books sat on my shelf for me to get through first though! :)