1. M Phillip

M Phillip Banned

I'm not really new...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by M Phillip, Sep 27, 2017.

...more like old. And grumpy. But here I'm new, but I refuse to turn the adjective into a noun.

I am retired. I know a little about a lot of things. I know a lot about a couple things. I've been in love, been to war, lost family and friends. I lost my marbles, found some of them all cracked and broken into pieces, and watched a mixed bag of smaller birds attack a full grown bald eagle in the air - and win.

As a writer I:
    • have trouble with tense
    • still get confused when to use affect and effect
    • believe bullets are for firearms - not lists
    • overuse commas
    • thank Gawd for spill chickens
    • have talent but, so far, haven't done a lot to develop it

Thanks, ahead of time, for all the warm welcomes. And the lukewarm and cool ones, too. But not the cold ones. Those get tossed into the yard for the critters to enjoy as midnight snacks.

PS - Have a happy and safe World School Milk Day!

The Dapper Hooligan likes this.
  2. GB reader

GB reader Contributor Contributor

Welcome, I have a few years before I retire. I have read so much, it's time to repay, to find out what I can write. So far small nothings, but they get less small and less nothings. Practise gets not perfect, but better and that's the best I can hope for. Write your story, the one that only you could tell.