1. Soodanim

Soodanim New Member

I'm so excited!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Soodanim, Jan 24, 2013.

I think I've hit a stride with my writing.

I'm at a point where I'd rather sit down and write or work through plot elements and characters and backstory than play a video game.

This is a breakthrough for me. You have no idea how many hours I've devoted to video games in my life.

I think a lot of it is confidence. I am not deluded into thinking that I'm brilliant or anything like that, it's more that I feel confident that I can actually finish this and polish it to a point where an editor may just consider tearing it apart and reworking it into something remotely sellable.

The more I write, the more I want to write. I think working on short stories has really helped me with this as it got the juices flowing and the ideas committed to a written form rather than just jostling about in my head as nothing more than unrealised potential.

Hell, I don't think at this point I'd even be bummed by rejection. I think I'll just be happy to actually finish my novel and start getting out there into the harsh, cruel, miserable world of editorial review.

Anyway, pointless thread is pointless.

So here's a point. How are you doing?

2. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

[​IMG]

3. adam_duckworth

adam_duckworth New Member

Congrats, man. I know how you feel. I've gone through several times in my life when I feel like just putting my work away and playing Skyrim for eight hours straight, so good on ya. :)

4. Khaelmin

Khaelmin Active Member

Dude, I'm really happy for you. I hope the same thing will apply to me some day, because I'm in the same situation, being a long time gamer myself. Often times I end up wasting my time on video games, some times really bad ones, rather than doing something constructive, like polishing a story or reading a book.

5. GoldenGhost

GoldenGhost Senior Member