Impressions Of This character

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by NigellaStory88, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Word Sorceress

Word Sorceress New Member

My impression is she is insecure in some ways and may be a little bit of an introvert.

NigellaStory88 likes this.
  2. S A Lee

S A Lee Contributor Contributor

@NigellaStory88 More than what she wears, how she wears them would tell me more.

When I first described my male lead, to the POV character the uniform was not that important as all the guys wore the same thing, so she didn't list the items, but she noted that it was pressed, pristine and his shoes were polished to a shine. Instead, she noted his posture, the fact that he seemed to command attention with a soft voice, and seems to have a battle hardened vibe.

Please refer to my previous list of questions. How does she present herself? Not what she wears, but how she wears it.

To me, a black Gothic look doesn't express a mischievous character. I associate it with introspective ones.

Cave Troll likes this.
  3. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Perhaps she could brighten it up with a bit of bright green or purple? Those are "witchy" colours. But I still think that the way she acts would give a better impression of her. Perhaps she could grin at a student going home ill and insinuate (jokingly and knowingly) that they're faking, or something like that.

NigellaStory88 likes this.
  4. raine_d

raine_d Active Member

Sorry, I don't get any impression at all....