In the Forgotten Keep

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Leaka, Apr 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

"Yes I guess that is a good reason, umm well are you ok?"

"As previously stated to these two, yes I'm quite well, a few broken bones snapped back into place and I'm as good as new."

"Good question," said Jules. "Britney, let's go. We're out of here. Remember, we've got somewhere to be"

The other girl called out, seeming to be struck with an epiphany, "Hey wait a sec," she said, seized by a sudden idea, "Which direction are you headed?"

"Yes, where too," he folded his arms, "it can't be mere coincidence that 6 people just happen to show up at the same spot at the exact same time."

He then heard something, a voice in his head, it didn't sound like the same voice, it was something different.

"I know, what you are searching for?" Enigma spoke to them telepathetically.
    Roger allowed him to speak.
    "You are searching for a time and a place...searching for an existence," Enigma said, "But more importantly you are looking for the Forgotten Keep...I hold the map in my mind, you may fight over the map now...only one goes through the walls of the fallen kingdom."

"Fight? For the location to start... time? Why only one? Why not several?"

2. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

"Hey wait a sec," she said, seized by a sudden idea, "Which direction are you headed?"

"That way," Jules spat out without pointing in any direction. "It doesn't matter. Away from here, away from you." She hated light-siders, not that she'd met many.

"Jules," said Britney in a sort of scolding-whine voice, the voice she used when trying to get her way through cuteness. Jules didn't find her cute. Britney gave up trying to convince her cousin and turned to the young woman. "We're heading westward. I'm Britney, by the way," she said, offering her hand and a smile. "My family sent me with Jules here so that we could.. ow!"

Britney stopped talking when Jules jabbed her in the rib with her elbow. Deciding to forego any further information, Britney said simply, "Anyway, who are you?"

"You are searching for a time and a place...searching for an existence," Enigma said, "But more importantly you are looking for the Forgotten Keep...I hold the map in my mind, you may fight over the map now...only one goes through the walls of the fallen kingdom."

Jules listened as he spoke, or didn't speak. She couldn't really tell. She could hear it in her head, but not really through her ears. Fight for the map? she thought. What the..?

3. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

"We're heading westward. I'm Britney, by the way," she said, offering her hand and a smile. "My family sent me with Jules here so that we could.. ow! Anyway, who are you?"

Kaethe smiled at Britney, "I'm heading westward too. Is there any chance that you guys could give me a lift for part of the way? I've been walking for a while and I still have a ways to go...I'm Kaethe by the way."

Out of the blue a voice suddenly sounded in her mind
    "I know, what you are searching for?" Enigma spoke to them telepathetically.
    Roger allowed him to speak.
    then the skeleton man spoke (she really needed to find out his name...) as if answering the voice
    "Fight? For the location to start... time? Why only one? Why not several?"
    Kaethe wheeled around to face him.
    "Who are you talking to?" Her voice had dropped, and there was a slight edge to it. What if he knew something about the time being stopped? What if he knew something about where Jasper was? "What about fighting over time?"

4. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Ahhhh, same old same old today, Sarah. The love birds are loving, the mocking birds are mocking. Same old same old. It gets a little lonely. Ahhhh." Aves said as he laid a bouquet of flowers and bright bird feathers in front of his wife's grave.

The ideals of time a mere illusion to humanity. Why does humanity want time so much? What is there to grasp?
    Why don't you turn back and go home? Will you stop and leave me alone?

Ahhh, time has no importance to an old man like me, it's what time brings about that matters. Things like sunsets.

Just go away and turn back. Turn back. Your reason ain't strong enough for bloodshed. Why bleed for time? It's just a silly old watch. Just a silly old watch.
    Go away.
    Why is this illusion you bleed? Time is merely nothing.

Bleed? Ha! The sooner I die the sooner I'll be reunited with Sarah. Death doesn't scare me; dying before I see a sunset for Sarah is what scares me.

When he was finished Aves let out another sigh and wheeled around to head back home. That is until he heard a screech as a car skidded out of control and a bone shattering crack. "That's not good" Aves said with a scowl as he wheeled himself over to the scene of the accident. As he approached, which was slow progress due to being in a wheel chair, he saw that it was actually "Grim" Terrance who had gotten hit and a number of other people had shown up.

"Oi! Grim! You okay? Didn't actually die this time around did you?" Aves shouted friendly as he wheeled up."

Suddenly he heard a voice in his head.

"But more importantly you are looking for the Forgotten Keep...I hold the map in my mind, you may fight over the map now...only one goes through the walls of the fallen kingdom."

"Fight? Map? Fallen Kingdom? What? What are you talking about? Who said that anyways?" Aves knew his hearing was bad but it wasn't that bad.

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Roger said nothing.
    "I am Enigma, why only one and not several?" Enigma sighed, "Because if there is several then several must give their lives up..the only way to start time is to give up your soul."
    Roger felt his muscles to tense. And he relaxed them.
    "I am the one who can hold several thoughts of every event that will occur," Enigma said, "You can only trust this voice all the others are trying to stop you."

6. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Terrance turned to an old man's voice, looking over he saw his friend Aves,

"Oi! Grim! You okay? Didn't actually die this time around did you?" Aves shouted friendly as he wheeled up.

"Never do, my old friend."

The voice spoke again, he turned, it was coming from the boy,

"I am Enigma, why only one and not several?" Enigma sighed, "Because if there is several then several must give their lives up..the only way to start time is to give up your soul."

Tim's eyes flashed, "a soul to give," sweet embrace, he could feel it seething towards him, he shouldn't act selfish, but being dammed to a skeletal form he needed to be the only one, the others had lives of flesh ahead of them, but not him.

His eyes turned crimson, "then when does the fighting begin?"

7. Anir

Anir New Member

In a place where the forces of space and time have
    Azul hadn't noticed the time. She was merely waiting for her master to come back. She knew he wouldn't though. He had said earlier he wouldn't be coming back. With a sigh, she hoisted her bag onto her back and set out across the cemetary. As she walked, her thoughts turned to time.

The ideals of time a mere illusion to humanity. Why does humanity want time so much? What is there to grasp?
    Why don't you turn back and go home? Will you stop and leave me alone?

Why didn't she go home? She laughed bitterly. What home did she have to go to? It had been destroyed years ago.

Just go away and turn back. Turn back. Your reason ain't strong enough for bloodshed. Why bleed for time? It's just a silly old watch. Just a silly old watch.
    Go away.
    Why is this illusion you bleed? Time is merely nothing.

In some ways, time was nothing. To some people, it was nothing. But to Azul, time was something that she wanted to have back. As a child, she had thought that because there was no time, her mother had murdered her father. If time had existed, then that would not have happened.

She lifted her head to look at the road ahead, and noticed a group of people standing in the middle of it. As she approached, a voice resounded in her head.

"I know, what you are searching for?"

There was a pause in which Azul drew closer to the group. There were a few dark-siders, a few light-siders, and a person in a hooded cloak that looked vaguely creepy.

"You are searching for a time and a place...searching for an existence. But more importantly you are looking for the Forgotten Keep...I hold the map in my mind, you may fight over the map now...only one goes through the walls of the fallen kingdom."

She heard someone ask why only one, and the reply chilled her.

"Because if there is several then several must give their lives up..the only way to start time is to give up your soul."

"Excuse me," she said, tapping on of the dark-siders on the shoulder, "but why exactly are you all standing in the middle of the road?"

8. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Roger could feel a transfer of energy through his body.
    "You are so willingly to give your life up for a map, you don't know if it truly exist?" Enigma said, "There always has to be one."

9. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

"You are so willingly to give your life up for a map, you don't know if it truly exist?" Enigma said, "There always has to be one."

"Anything to be rid of this foul form. I loathe the bodies that litter this grave," he clenched his fist, "real or not, I wish to die, I'm tired of this animated corpse, I'm tired of never dying," his eyes then changed to a deep crimson, "I CHOOSE OBLIVION OVER THIS TRAVESTY!!!"

10. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Because if there is several then several must give their lives up..the only way to start time is to give up your soul.

"The only way to start time is to give up your soul..." Aves let the idea roll around in his head for a moment. Sounds like Grim's kind of deal.

I CHOOSE OBLIVION OVER THIS TRAVESTY!!!

Definitely Grim's kind of deal.

"Sounds like Grim's in. Also, who in the dear lords name are you anyways? If you don't mind me asking."

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Enigma sighed for a moment and then placed his head closer into Roger's body.
    "As I said I am Enigma," he said, "Roger I'm going to sleep now...when I wake tell me who won the either blood bath they have created or who won the shouting match."
    Enigma closed his half opened eyes.
    "I will," Roger said, "I am Roger by the way Enigma's protector...so, which one of yous is volunteering?"

12. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

Jules had been ready to leave, get away from the sudden mass of people, but then there was Enigma. Her answers, the key to restarting time stood, or was held rather, right in front of her. She couldn't just walk away now.

Give up my soul, she wondered. Would I be willing to give up my soul to restart time? It didn't take Jules long to answer herself. Yes, because I'm the only one here who could do it. If I must give my life, I will. These lightsiders would never be capable of carrying through...

"so, which one of yous is volunteering?"

"I'll take the map," said Jules, her voice unwavering. She held out her hand as if she would accept some tangible thing, but retracted it when she saw Enigma had fallen asleep.

"I'll come with," Britney piped in. Her smile never fading, Britney would cheerfully do anything if she thought it would help the rest of the world. Her ever present optimism really irritated Jules.

13. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

"I am Roger by the way Enigma's protector...so, which one of yous is volunteering?"

Then Jules popped in, "I'll take the map,"

Terrance gave a crimson eyed glare to her, "no, this will be my duty. I've been waiting a long time for an opportunity like this arise," he turned to face her, "for 300 years I've walked this earth, so close to the brink of death, only to have it snatched away at the exact moment where time stood still, I am trapped within the thread of life and death, cursed to walk this world, exhiled from the afterlife."

He lowered his head, "I meant it when I said that I would accept Oblivion over this pitiful form, and no one is going to stand in my way to death's sweet embrace."

14. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

"for 300 years I've walked this earth, so close to the brink of death, only to have it snatched away at the exact moment where time stood still, I am trapped within the thread of life and death. I meant it when I said that I would accept Oblivion over this pitiful form, and no one is going to stand in my way to it."

Jules put a hand on her hip and moved forward ever so slightly. "300 years? You've had 300 years to get your act together. It's obvious you can't do it. So, why not let someone with a little skill take over?" It was overly rude, but she didn't care. The map was hers. She was sure the tough attitude she conveyed would let the others see that she was the woman for the job.

15. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

"300 years? You've had 300 years to get your act together. It's obvious you can't do it. So, why not let someone with a little skill take over?"

"What skill would that be? Running over a bag of 300 year old bones? Don't make me laugh. However I simply won't stand by and let you take that map, so I suggest you run along mortal, you have better things to do than galavanting a ruined city offering up your soul, when clearly, I need it more."

16. yellowm&M

"What skill would that be? Running over a bag of 300 year old bones? Don't make me laugh. However I simply won't stand by and let you take that map, so I suggest you run along mortal, you have better things to do than galavanting a ruined city offering up your soul, when clearly, I need it more."

Kaethe listened to the argument, her head pounding with inofrmation overload.
    "Just shut up already! We all have our reason's for trying to start time again and fighting isn't going to help any of us so someone just make a decision or else I'm taking it. And trust me, none of you want to get in my way when I get angry." She knew no one would take her seriously with her soft voice and small stature, but that sucked for them. She could take them, almost any one of them.

17. Anir

Anir New Member

In a place where the forces of space and time have
    Azul thought about it and came to a conclusion very quickly.

She was tired of the wars, the cares and sorrows of this life. If she had to die, she would like to do it re-starting time. Besides, no one here really deserved to die like she did.

"I want the map," she said firmly and without any hesitation.

18. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

I'll take the map

I'll come with

I want the map

Kids these days, didn't they understand anything?

"Look you kids, you clearly don't understand the importance of your own life, trust me, I've lived three times longer than any of you. Except Grim that is, if he wants to die now, let him, the sooner he dies the sooner time starts, and the sooner we get to reap the rewards. None of us have to die, we just have to let the dead finish what they were trying to do in the first place."

19. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

"Look you kids, you clearly don't understand the importance of your own life, trust me, I've lived three times longer than any of you. Except Grim that is, if he wants to die now, let him, the sooner he dies the sooner time starts, and the sooner we get to reap the rewards. None of us have to die, we just have to let the dead finish what they were trying to do in the first place."

Jules had to admit, the old man had a point. A good point, even, but she wasn’t sure this ‘Grim’ was really up to the job. If he hadn’t lied about how long he’s been around, and he sure looked like he’d had better days, or at least some flesh at one point, then he’d had ample space to restart time. And had either failed miserably more than enough times, or was keeping time from returning. Sure, his story sounded real, but who could trust a boy who spoke without a tongue.

“Good point, old man,” said Jules to the elder in the wheelchair. She looked down at the skeleton boy, though barely taller them him herself. Shrouded beneath a cloak, Jules couldn’t really see any of him. “But this ‘boy,’” she continued, “should have to prove himself if he think he deserves the map.”

Britney had heard this tone before. When Jules was ready to fight, her words got precise enunciations to an extreme. Britney knew they had to get the map, but she didn’t want anyone to get hurt. Then, something popped in her head, and Britney smiled winningly and raised her hand, index finger up, indicating a ‘great idea.’

“Okay, I know,” said Britney. “I have an idea. How about a battle of…” Jules listen carefully to her cousin, thinking that perhaps she’d underestimated the younger Camden.

“… rock, paper, scissors,” Britney finished.

Jules dropped her mouth open and stared blankly at her cousin. Oh. my. gods., thought Jules. I’m related to this airhead?

20. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

At least Aves knew what he was saying, he'd known Terrance longer than anyone and Terrance owed his life to the man on multiple occasions, at least, whatever bit of life was left.

“Good point, old man,” said Jules to the elder in the wheelchair. She looked down at the Terrance. “But this ‘boy,’” she continued, “should have to prove himself if he think he deserves the map.”

Apparantly negotiations were out of the question, then Britney popped up an idea,

“Okay, I know,” said Britney. “I have an idea. How about a battle of…”

There was a pause as Jules leaned in closer waiting to hear the idea,

“… rock, paper, scissors.”

Jules just stared at her blankly, like a wtf kind of look. Terrance started to snicker, then started to laugh, when he stopped he looked at Britney, "thanks for the laugh, but I prefer Lions, Lemurs, and Fruit."

21. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

Marcus was hanged upside down a pole on a building like a bat. He was completely cloaked.

"About time," muttered Marcus, looking at sky.

With the rotation now stopped, he was bored to be used to seeing the same time.

"There's some group approaching this area," spoke Marcus as he saw some shadows. They moved slowly and cautiously but they were unaware that Marcus was just above them and excellently camouflaged.

The shadows now crept to the door and started to force the door open.

"Burglary is never left unpunished," informed Marcus, jumping straight at the thieves.

He held two of them with his hands and sent them flying towards the building. The other two started in awe. Marcus raised both of his hands, each one pointed at the tall one.

"Forgive us! We swe..." stammered the shorter one of them but in an instant the hands sent small yellow orbs at both of them.

They dropped dead the very instant.

"No need to check them. They are dead," thought Marcus.

He moved to examine the other two.

He moved slowly but reached them finally.

"Cracked skull and what's this? Severed neck. Very amusing," spoke Marcus to himself.

22. yellowm&M

The old man really did have a good point, especially since Kaethe wasn't going to the forgotten keep necessarily to start up time again, mainly just to find a way to get Jasper back. And she would really rather keep her soul if possible....

“Good point, old man,” said Jules to the elder in the wheelchair. She looked down at the Terrance. “But this ‘boy,’” she continued, “should have to prove himself if he think he deserves the map.”

She was about to interject with another comment, when Britney threw out an idea, “Okay, I know,” said Britney. “I have an idea. How about a battle of…rock, paper, scissors.”

The look on her cousin's face was absolutely priceless, causing Kaethe to laugh for the first time in what felt like forever. The skeleton man (she really really needed to learn his name!) was laughing too.

"thanks for the laugh, but I prefer Lions, Lemurs, and Fruit." He said.

"Look people, obviously nothing is going to be decided here since none of us can agree, so anyone have a proposal on what we should do?"

23. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

After having killed those thieves, Marcus had heard some voices.

"Must have a watch there," thought Marcus.

He heard the voices from the nearby graveyard. He ran forwards to that place and hid himself behind a rock and heard the voices.

"...rock, paper and scisorrs," said someone.

"...prefer Lions, Lemurs..." he heard someone's voice.

"I wonder what's going on. Are they choosing who will do the thieving," thought Marcus, "No. They don't seem to be thieves."

He slithered a bit and revealed a bit of himself. He wanted to see how alert those people were. He wanted to test them. If they recognised him it would mean that they were definately thieves.

24. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Roger sighed.
    "Or even better yet," Roger paused he knew he wasn't suppose to blow Enigma's plans, but this was ridiculous, "How about stop fighting over it and fight fate no one dies and several become the time hero...what's the point of being a hero without having people to share the glory with...honestly no one truly cares about the world spinning unless you can share that glory with others."
    Roger could fill a shift of energy through Enigma. Enigma must have felt what he had done, but Roger really hated the selfishness of these people.
    "You're being selfish like the last group, and the group before that and the group before that...give up selfish dreams and make a reason together to make something complete and strong," Roger said.

25. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

How about stop fighting over it and fight fate no one dies and several become the time hero...what's the point of being a hero without having people to share the glory with...honestly no one truly cares about the world spinning unless you can share that glory with others.

"Well that sounds like a wonderful plan! And we wouldn't have ever needed to fight if the 'Enigma' here hadn't suggested that only one of us could do it."

You're being selfish like the last group, and the group before that and the group before that...give up selfish dreams and make a reason together to make something complete and strong

"First, who said my dream was selfish? Second, what do you mean last group?"