Interests outside of writing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by marcuslam, Mar 10, 2012.

1. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

I keep/raise turtles. Red-eared sliders, yellow-bellied sliders and eastern box turtles.

2. TheSilverBeetle

TheSilverBeetle Member

I love to play guitar and am currently trying to form a band. (We need a drummer)

3. Tashanel

Tashanel Member

I love daydreaming. LOL and counting "what if" in real world as many as I can. I usually using women as an object in "what if possibilities" :D peace~

OH! And I love draw labyrinth since kindergarten! even when in junior highschool, one of my book filled with labyrinth pattern in every page and daring anyone who can solve my labyrinth pattern. The funny thing is, they doesn't know i didn't draw exit pattern :p

4. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

Ooh, I think fencing is really cool- I don't do it myself, but it just seems so... I don't know, awesome. :D

I've been playing guitar for about a year now- still teaching myself. It's not always as easy (especially since I don't have that much time with going to college) but it's really satisfying to get a song right. :)

5. CH878

CH878 Active Member

Ah, I know the feeling! Drummers seem to be very elusive. I ended up teaching myself how to play the drums because I couldn't find a drummer who was willing to commit.

6. ShortBus

ShortBus Member

It's pretty cool that most of you guys have other artistic outlets. I've seen a bunch of art and music in your replies. And think of how much we could get done if videogames were never invented.

I do a lot of studying. It's mostly programming or using new software. I also like to do 3D modeling and animation. I've done a bit of 2D art but I need a lot more practice and I already have a pretty full plate at the moment. I used to make rap beats. I had a basement studio awhile back and I was selling beats to a bunch of rappers but I only make beats every now and again anymore. other than videogames thats pretty much all I do nowadays.

7. LeMasterTJ

LeMasterTJ New Member

Quick answer: Video Games

Slightly less quick answer: Video games, mainly the following: Strategy and puzzle games with a humorous, casual feel to them. I have a now-obsolete iPad 2 (amazing how fast these new things come out, hey?) that I mainly use for cheap gaming on the go.

8. Jayyy1014

Jayyy1014 Jerrica Contributor

I'm a total xbox live nerd. :) Love shooting guns at target sheets, and hunting of course, and anything musical.

9. Aramis

Aramis New Member

Music, art, architecture and history

10. marcuslam

marcuslam New Member

It's all good! You enjoy reading about the Guinness, or do you make Guinness attempts?

Tashanel, I love daydreaming, too! I guess a lot of writers do.

That's cool, ShortBus. At the same time, I need to admit gaming has provided me with inspiration I'm unable to ignore. If it's something you're passionate about, and you're living a balanced life, those ideas will come.

11. mugen shiyo

mugen shiyo New Member

Lol, I used to love playing Halo on the X-box and drinking beer. Fun and hilarious.

12. mugen shiyo

mugen shiyo New Member

Lol, I used to love playing Halo on the X-box and drinking beer. Fun and hilarious.

13. HarryBard

HarryBard New Member

Basketball, reading, walking, gaming ;)

14. Cando

Cando New Member

Play in a couple of local bands (keyboard), enjoy reading and movies, video games periodically, and Sunday night shows on HBO and Showtime.

15. pinkgiraffe

pinkgiraffe New Member

I love blues dancing and lindyhop. I do yoga and go swimming occasionally. At home, I like reading, knitting and watching films.

16. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Do you still do that? lol

17. Skykitty

Skykitty New Member

For me, reading at the top of the list. I'm surprised more people haven't listed it front and center as I'm sure we must all be big readers, is it possible to be a good writer without being widely read?

Also Argentine tango, I love cooking, I volunteer at the local college teaching on a course for adults with literacy problems who struggle to read and write and I try to get some exercise in each day, at the moment I'm trying to tackle Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD.

Along with trying to keep on top of housework and working my day job, this is quite enough!!

18. butterflylover

butterflylover New Member

going out to eat,listening to music,hanging out with family and friends,photography,traveling,shopping,computer games.

19. marcuslam

marcuslam New Member

That list is similar to mine ;)!

20. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Right now my interests outside of writing and work are stopping me from doing much writing! I play football once a week (when fit), and I'm a season ticket holder and frequent away supporter of Huddersfield Town, although I decided not to head off to Carlisle this week so I could have a relaxed weekend, for once. I'm also involved in my local church circuit and events again, following my return from university. I'm on the planning committee of one of Yorkshire's premier youth worship events, and I'm joining a house group next month. At the moment quite a bit of my time is taken up by supporting a friend of mine who was recently diagnosed with an inoperable, terminal brain tumour, so I've joined him in fundraising. I'm also fundraising for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and I'm trying to join Amnesty International, with human rights being one of my biggest professional (and personal) interests. I've also trying to teach myself the guitar again.

However, I have a free weekend this weekend. I can breathe for a bit and do a bit of writing!

21. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Swimming, GYM, drawing, gaming (usually rpgs or anything to do with fantasy or sci-fi), being awkward and clumsy and also questioning life! :p

22. skeloboy_97

skeloboy_97 New Member

Football, film-making, exercise and just about anything I feel like. :)

23. icescreamy

icescreamy New Member

I enjoy hypnosis when I am free. I feel it is some kind of balance to my life.

24. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Yeah she totally is haha, me and her start up a occasional party or two and just chat. We stayed up until 5 in the morning one time playing Halo: Reach. :D

25. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Reading, movies, hanging out with friends, singing, cooking and trying out good food, drawing/painting, origami, some minor form of gaming though this mostly involve old games I played as a kid, languages (currently learning Japanese and Czech and wanna start Mandarin), oh and analysing things and tearing them apart, in particular books, movies and human behaviour/psychology.