1. Randomizethis

Randomizethis New Member

Hey there

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Randomizethis, May 28, 2013.

Hello, I'm a 15 year old kid from Bulgaria. I am generally self-taught in English (the education level here is quite bad, especially language-wise...) and I thought I'd start writing a fantasy novel after getting a, what seemed to me, pretty decent idea. So here I thought I'd ask, after introducing myself, I have to wait a few days and post quite a lot in the forum in order to get critique on what I have started to write, right? So, right now, I cannot post a chunk of my work and ask for help? Or have I misunderstood?
    Thanks in advance.

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Randomizethis! Please read the rules, explore the site, and participate. It's good to have you here!

The short answer to your question is: Before you can post your own work for critique, you have to have been a member for fourteen days, have twenty or more posts, and have done two constructive critiques of the work of others in our Writing Workshop. Don't worrry; it sounds harder than it is!

By the way, your English is excellent, especially for a self-taught fifteen-year-old! Well done!

3. Randomizethis

Randomizethis New Member

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be looking forward to when I can post! Until then, you might find me lurking here and there in the forum >:)

Thanks, this does mean a lot to me, as I do lack the confidence when writing in English, tends to be a deal breaker sometimes.

4. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Hi there, welcome to the site!