Is it wrong to be sexually attracted to a girl?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jollyoldchap, Aug 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

There is an irony that many intelligent women clam that intelligence puts men off, cos guys are just looking for bimbo with big...

course if you want to meet intelligent women you have to go places they're likely to be found... you're not going to find many in the local meat market

2. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

Subjective, I believe, in more ways than one.

My world hardly knows the Kardashians, and mostly couldn't name a single YouTuber from this decade. I think the world is large enough that no single entity of thinking encompasses a general thought, and when you move around more in it and surround yourself with multiple groups you find that social media following groups only make a portion of the people. They are out there because that's how they make their money, but that doesn't everybody is actually paying attention.

Intelligence is highly subjective as well. What defines an intelligent partner to you? For example, I'll take an electron microscopist who's evidenced theories have been published in Nature, but can't tie their own shoes and has killed every house plant and aquarium fish they've ever owned through logical errors being repeated. What I'm getting at is people are often highly intelligent in only a few things, and certain fields mask their flaws with the assumption of greater intelligence. Who says a YouTuber can't be brilliant? Honestly, they played their field, acted the part, and socially grasped the environment that would make them a fortune. That is their marketable skill.

What I find is most people are intelligent, just not always in the thing you notice. Finding a partner who complements your own intelligence with directions you don't recognize is what makes for a more cooperative relationship than one that competes.

3. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

Of course it's subjective. By using the "intelligence is subjective" thing you could label almost anyone as intelligent. You could call shoplifters intelligent, because of their sleight of hand and ability to trick store security. You could label a person at AA as intelligent, as they're so self-aware that they've diagnosed themselves. You could lav a drug-dealer intelligent as they know exploit the weaknesses of others. And etc, etc, etc.

In the aforementioned subjective world, everyone's a genius.

When I hear someone mention "intelligence", I think of general intelligence. The term is relative.

SethLoki likes this.
  4. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

True.

In the online world, though, its different. There are no online libraries. ;)

5. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

And so is "general." You still haven't said what that actually means to you. You assume my perspective of "general intelligence" is likewise to yours.

In my perspective mostly everyone is a genius, but also an idiot. I don't find solid ground in the intelligence attraction argument because it is an attraction to subjective elements you define internally, which is just normal. People will be attracted to whatever intelligence they find attractive, whether it be criminal, artistic, physical, psychological, or whatever sometimes very specific article it is. I think most everyone is attracted to one form of intelligence or another. Which intelligence takes prominence is an internal decision you make as you develop.

Online is a collective library. Just pop into the section that fills the intelligence needs you desire and you'll probably find someone you're attracted to there. I find this place energizing. It's an intelligence I've chosen to observe and appreciate.

6. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

I'm assuming nothing. I don't really care what your definition of intelligence is. I posted a reply to this thread. You chose to reply to my post. The end.

I think you're confusing "compatibility" with "intelligence". Yes, people will gravitate towards people who have similar opinions and traits and hobbies and such. But then again, not really. How many times have you heard the term "opposites attract" or "Chemistry" and "spark"? How many toxic relationships have you known? Couples who are in/have been in toxic marriages because they've mistakenly thought that their chemistry (serotonin and oxytocin) would last a lifetime?

I'd respectfully disagree. Twitter pretty much sums up the online world. What are their word limit? 30 words? Yes. There'll be a new generation that is unable to write/read more than 30 words. Visit any online dating forum and you'll find 90% of women who will have been subjected to guys sending them unsolicited photographs of their penis, at one time or another.

7. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Mod hat on: lose the snark please... that kinda attitude isnt what we are looking for here

8. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

The ironic thing is that you're having a rather lengthy, somewhat intelligent conversation...on the internet.

EFMingo likes this.
  9. big soft moose

True - but we'd really rather people didn't come to writing forums looking to hook up (getting together naturally like troll and flod, or lemie and lost, baywriter and sidewinder etc is a different thing).

Overall this thread is starting to generate more heat than light, and since the OP is banned (having been disclosed as a previously banned member), I think its time for it to go bye bye.

:closed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.