1. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

is the site 'fluttering' for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mammamaia, Apr 10, 2011.

for days now, the pages keep 'fluttering' on me... and none of the other sites i post on are doing that... nor is anything else on the internet doing it, so i think it has to be something to do with this site...

it's driving me to distraction... i'm sure glad i'm not epileptic, but it's not doing my aging eyes any good!

anyone else having this prob?

2. dnsralg

dnsralg New Member

The site's fine for me. Could it possibly be your hardware? Browser-wise, I'm using Flock 2.6.2. Haven't had any kind of "fluttering."

3. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

It seems fine to me. I don't have a problem.

4. Melzaar the Almighty

Melzaar the Almighty Contributor Contributor

No, although sometimes it claims to be loading stumbleupon and the pages take a minute or so to load. :p Someone else had another weird issue with it a couple of days ago - saw a thread - so I think maybe the forum is just bogged down and maybe a bit buggy or something. I dunno. There are a lot of people here, and a lot of snazzy features.

5. dnsralg

dnsralg New Member

Actually, I lied. This is happening for me too. Too many people here. PURGE! PURGE! PURGE!

6. mammamaia

this is a serious issue for me, kids... so please don't hijack the thread with hijinks, ok?

it's 'be kind to little old ladies month' you know! [well, if it isn't, it sure should be! ;-) ]

7. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

Windows Vista seems to do this for some odd reason. It makes the noise from the speakers like I clicked on a thread, when really I didn't select anything at all. But my sister has a windows XP laptop, and it doesn't occur with that.

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It's probably the version of the browser rather than the version of Windows that makes the difference. I haven't seen it myself, but as page components are loaded and rendered, the position of items on the page can adjust back and forth. There are differences in how the HTML for a page is constructed that can make this more of an issue with some sites than with others, nut it still is more a browser problem than a site problem.

9. The-Joker

The-Joker Contributor Contributor

It's happening to me as well. The page just loads and reloads over and over again. Highly annoying. And it's only happening on this site.

10. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Thanshin had a thread about this - it seems to be happening to other people. Maybe try downloading firefox, opera etc and see how that goes ?

There is a java update that has caused a variety of problems on other sites I don't know if it is connected to it but I know most of my friends have removed it.

11. Terry D

Terry D Active Member

I don't see the "fluttering" but the 'page loading status bar' at the bottom of the page has shown a constant loading-loading-loading-loading signal for a few days. I don't see that happening today, so maybe it is fixed?

12. Halcyon

Halcyon Contributor Contributor

Yes, this is happening to me, the page constantly reloading. It's also affecting my input. When I type the words there is often a lengthy delay before the letters appear on the screen, and if I type too quickly, some of the letters don't appear at all.

13. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

I'm having the loading issues, have been for a couple of days. I haven't had the "fluttering" thing, though. Just constantly loading, taking ages, delays, etc.

14. mammamaia

that's exactly what i saw, terry!... and as it did that, the page would flutter...

it's somewhat calmer today, and i don't see the constant loading stuff in the browser at top and on the bottom bar, but do see it still coming and going [says 'waiting for http://etc.' with 'xd_fragment' at the end]...

i'm not doing/using anything different than i've always done/used, still use msn premium browser, and none of the other sites i go to are doing it, so can't see how it can be connected to my end of things...