1. becca

becca Contributor Contributor

It's all about LOVE!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by becca, Mar 9, 2009.

Everyone needs it, we all like to have it. But do we all like to give it, or understand it?

What does love mean to you?
    Who in your life gives you the love you need?
    And..who do you like to give yours too?

Love, for me, is a completely selfless caring for someone else. Where you give all of yourself to or for someone else. You would take on any hurt, just to spare them.

My hubby and my little man gives me love. There are is just something about little people's hugs and kisses that can make EVERYTHING better.

I love my hubby and little man too!

2. rory

rory Active Member

I like that and I think that is a part of love, but I tend to feel that way about almost everyone, even complete strangers. It hurts me to see other people hurting.
    A big part of love for me is being able to care for others regardless of what they may do. No judgements. And trust. I could never actually love someone I couldn't trust.

At them moment, I love me and that's all I need for now. I have friends, but none I am extremely close to, and I am currently going through the rebellious phase of my life where I can only stand my family in small doses.
    'I am a Rock, I am an Island.'

3. Rykoshet

Rykoshet New Member

Thanks for crapping all over those of us who happen to be single.

Or at least motivating us to change our terrible lifestyle!

4. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

"All you need is love..."

I want some. :(

5. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

To me love is simple; caring about someone.

I give my love to everyone really. I'm open and accepting.
    I recieve love from friends, family and girlfriend :D

6. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

I really can't answer this question! I think love has so many different definitions, it's hard to narrow things down. It is very special and beautiful and natural, but I also think fragile in its own way.

7. becca

I agree that there are many types of love. I think that it is impossible to love two different people the exact same way. Each person is an individual and therefore the love you give them is as unique as they are.

8. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

love is frustrating, love is nice, sometimes its easy, sometimes its hard and depends on who its being given to because no two loves are the same.

9. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Love = Evol = Stupid typo

Love = Evil

10. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I love my family and my friends, and my family and friends love me.

I'm yet to be truely in love though... but I'm hopeful my time will come.. I don't think I'm ready for that kind of emotional commitment at the moment anyway.

11. star_fire

star_fire New Member

i'm currently single, but that doesn't mean i don't love.

i love my family (although most of the time i can't stand them), i love the friend i left behind when i moved (i still talk to him), i love my first love (yes, we're still friends), i love my best girl friend and my best guy friend, and i love my bus driver (of all random things, he's the sweetest old guy ever).

yes, you have to be vulnerable to love. i admit, i don't like being vulnerable. people can use you, people can backstab you, etc. but loving someone (romantic or not) is the best warm-your-spirit-on-a-cold-rainy-day feeling in the world.

12. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

You know what I hate, when people throw around the word love easily. Romance-wise. I hate it so much. It's a pet peeve. I guess I've just witnessed too many friends in very immature and short-lived relationships who like to throw around the word love all of the time. It ANNOYS the bajeebas outta me. It just, imo, makes the emotion trite and a lot less special and unique.

I also hate it when people use love to justify certain things.....

Sucker: but I LOVE him. That's why I'm taking him back!

Friend of Sucker: He totally treated you like crap. He cheated on you. Twice.

Sucker: But I LOVE him.

Me: LOL!!

13. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Love to me is infinite and limitless, and it can mean many things to many different people. To me, you cannot definite it, which is why I got so upset over Prop 8 last year. "Between a man and a woman." Sure. To you. But we're all different; we all see things differently.

I'll share what my (ex)boyfriend wrote to me in my first and only love letter. He's so much better at putting things than I am... but I believe the same thing.

This is what love is:
    If fate were to tear my eyes from my head and render me blind, would I love you any less than I do now? I know your face, what you feel like to the touch. But it doesnt matter; I dont give a damn. You could be wheelchair-bound and amorphous, a true monster. I dont care. I dont care about your body, just who you are inside it.

I dont know. That's love to me...

14. LeoMars

LeoMars New Member

Love? A disease of the mind, a samovar of feelings, an introspective turbulence, a wild fire that consumes itself as it burns, body chemistry....

15. becca

If love was just a chemical reaction, it would fade with time and age. When in fact, some people love each other even when they grow older and our bodies no longer have the urge to reproduce.

Physicality can be an expression of love, but it doesn't contain it.

16. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

If love were easy to describe, we wouldn't have all the poetry and love songs that we do. I think it is the word we give to that whole mess of emotions that we can't really describe accurately. Because it encompasses so many other feelings, it is a very complicated thing. It is never the same twice. That is what makes it special. I love many people, but I don't feel exactly the same about any of them. I do know that I can say "I love you" 20 times a day and always mean it honestly and completely.

17. iolair

iolair Active Member

Love ...
    is bigger than most people realise - they just see one or two aspects of it.

Love ...
    says more about the person who loves than the person who is loved.

Real love ...
    can't help itself :)

18. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

I only have one thing by which I define love (and I use the word define loosely, meaning is kind of subjective): when you love someone, you want for them, not from them - which works out well when you're in a loving relationship (of any kind - familal, romantic etc.)

19. g1ng3rsnap9ed

g1ng3rsnap9ed New Member

Love can hurt too, don't ever forget that.

I love my close family, my best-friend Cory, and my reptillian son Alfie at the moment. But I'm confused as well. (See:Sadness Thread)