1. Walid

Walid New Member

I've never laughed at a book until I read...

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Walid, May 19, 2012.

"John Dies at the End".

Does anybody else know of this book? I've never ever known that books can be so god damned funny!

Imagine you have a blender, and you throw in the following three ingredients
    1- ANY STEPHEN KING BOOK
    2- FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS
    3- Any cracked.com article

Aaaaand you come up with John dies at the end. At moments, I felt rediculous laughing to myself outloud in public while reading it, and I've got a few stares. Books can indeed be funny.

I don't want to spoil the story at all, and the sense of humor may seem somewhat juvenile, but this is one of those books you'll want to read before you get too old to enjoy the humor.

They even made a movie, which is loosely based on the book. I haven't seeen the movie myself yet, but from what I hear it's not bad.

2. D-Doc

D-Doc Active Member

I've heard a bit about that book, cracked is one of my favorite websites. I think I will check it out soon. It is by David Wong right? I can't remember his real name.

Anyway, I don't recall reading a book that made me laugh the whole way through, but the funniest stories I've read (though they're certainly not comedies) are the novel Papillion and the short story "The Fighting'est Pair" by Robert E. Howard.

Papillion described a few crazy events in the prisons that made me laugh out loud, and a certain scene in "The Fighting'est Pair" involving a bunch of asians and mutts had me laughing out loud. I even read the part to my girlfriend (who pretty much despises reading) and she cracked up. We say a certain quote from that scene to eachother all the time; it's become an inside joke for us.

So...read the story people! Howard's stereotyping and borderline racism is hilarious to me, despite what the overly PC readers might think.

3. tinkerbelll

tinkerbelll Member

Roald Dahl's Mathilda

4. JaketheNinja

JaketheNinja New Member

Usually the sofa, on the Laptop, writing...oh and
    That does sound hilarious. Well, just look at my signature......... maybe you should do that, and maybe I should too. :D