Just curious

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Billy Joseph Ethridge, Jun 12, 2014.

1. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

There are no guarantees; I have no idea what safety measures there could even be. The moment you created an account here you must've noticed we aren't asking for your address and social security number or you to sign some legally binding document along the lines of "if you break our rules, feds will track your ass down."

Unfortunately there's not much any forum allowing anonymity could do to prevent it, really. Publish your work here, and someone might steal it. Publish your work through Amazon, and someone might steal it. I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you before, but if someone blatantly steals your story, there're some legal measures you can take, especially if the thief starts to make money with your material.

2. Okon

Okon Contributor Contributor

Submit something you don't mind being stolen, if you think it's a problem. I think some here have made up excerpts for critique just because they don't want their baby out there, but still want an opinion on their writing.