1. Danieru_X

Danieru_X New Member

Writing blogs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Danieru_X, Jan 20, 2013.

Hello fellow writers,
    Just curious if anyone else has their own writing blog? I find it very motivating by keeping my blog up to date with my short/flash fiction.

Anyone else enjoy blogging?

Dan

2. Jon Deavers

Jon Deavers New Member

I started a writing blog and realized there were a thousand other writing blogs doing it better than I was. I also noticed I would go write a blog post during time that I had allotted for working on my fiction so I abandoned it. I'm still building content for a blog but it's on a separate subject and I allocate separate time for it.

If you're looking for a good one I would recommend K.M. Weiland's site http://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/

She has a great book on outlining that I read through and a podcast back catalog full of good tips as well as video and text versions of her blog posts. Very good coaching info there.

3. Danieru_X

Danieru_X New Member

Wow, that is a good blog. I'm going to bookmark that one.

4. NigeTheHat

NigeTheHat Contributor Contributor

I do - I use it to force myself to actually write something, even if the somethings are just 100 words long.

5. Jack Dawkins

Jack Dawkins New Member

I started out using a blog to write entries for sites like fiction friday and 3 word wednesdays but haven't posted in it for a couple of years and for a period of time I found that I was spending more time designing the blog then writing in it. I bookmarked helping writers become authors though.

6. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

I have a site dedicated to my love for 80's teen series - but it's hard to upkeep and I've been slacking off. But occasionally
    I'll write a book review and link it up with some 80's nostalgia. Blogging is fun but it can be time consuming. I also have a
    Facebook page that links up with it and posting there can divide my time.

7. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I don't, though I used to use my blog on here and a music blog on another forum. I've been toying with the idea of making a video-blog (vlog? Is it?) about books and reviews of books and putting it onto YouTube. Making video essays might be a lot of fun, I've just not got around to it just yet.