1. xx_michellenafplion_xx

xx_michellenafplion_xx New Member

Literary Agents Help

Discussion in 'Agent Discussion' started by xx_michellenafplion_xx, Jul 8, 2010.

hello. I am new here. My name is Michelle and I have written a book. I am looking for a literary agent but I am having trouble finding a literary agent who will support my book topic. Does anyone know any literary agents that are looking for books on teenage issues, pregnancy, and parenting? Or does anyone have any advice about getting my book published? Thanks.

2. Tamsin

Tamsin New Member

Not sure whereabouts you are but try the Writers' and Artists' Yearbook. It lists all the agents and publishers along with contact info and the kind of books they consider.

Also, go to your local library or bookshop, find books on the same kind of topic as yours, note down who publishes them then google the publishers to get information. It takes a lot of research and phone calls! If your book is good enough to be published it is still an uphill struggle to get anywhere if you are an unpublished/unheard of writer, but stay hopeful, do your research and make sure your manuscript is the best they will have seen for a while.

Good luck

:)

3. erik martin

erik martin Active Member

Check agentquery.com, find some agents that have your subjects listed in their interests. Check out their websites, many have blogs with publishing advice. Look at blog sites like Predators and Editors, figure out to whom you want to query your book and what they want to initially see. Work on your proposal or query letter, and what ever else that they are going to need. Pick out a manageable number (Ten at a time seems to be a favorite) and start sending out queries. This is assuming that the book is completely done of course.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

welcome to wf, michelle!

i have several good agent listing sites [covering the us, canada, aus.] that i'll be happy to send you if you'll email me, ... i also help new writers with all the aspects of getting published, as well as with the writing itself, if you're in need of same...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com