1. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sandy, Sep 23, 2007.

I've been writing for a few years. Since the beginning, my writing has improved but still has a way to go. For the most part, I like to write fantasy, and romance. Those two genres fill most of my bookcase. The exception to that is, the series by Janet Evanovich's Plum series and Dean Koontz books. I do enjoy reading.

Last night I read through many of the forums here and feel I can learn alot more that will help with my writing.

Sandy

2. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Hello I'm glad you've taken the time to look through the threads and read up a bit, you'll have seen that we as a collective have a lot to offer both in terms of talented and knowledgeable members and a great site. Whilst your genres of choice may not be my own, there are many members who'l be able to help you out with questions you may have on those genres or writing as a whole, I look forward to seeing you around the site - any questions let us know! Welcome!

3. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome! I hope you like it here. Grab a cup of coffee and get writing and reading. Best wishes!

4. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Hi there.
    Hopefully we can help you out with any questions or concerns you might have. Feel free to speak up on any topic that catches your eye.
    Cheers

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Sandy, Welcome (back) to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet (and it sounds like you have at least to some degree), you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

6. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Eventually I'll wonder to the Lounge and Word Game forums, but for right now, this site has much educational forums to explore. That may sound a bit selfish. I have though done a couple of reviews. I won't be prepared to post anything for a good while, yet.

Sandy

7. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well here's a warm welcome from the insane group of members here. lol :p The word games and lounge are bound to send you insane that is for sure. Avoid them at all costs hehehe

Anyways I do hope that you are enjoying your time here with all of us. There is a lot to see here on the forum and I do hope that you find some areas helpful to you. I hope to see you join in the weekly contests in the weekly writing group. THey can be a lot of fun and a new one will be starting up soon too.

Torana

8. shadow tiger x

shadow tiger x New Member

The Australian funny farm. More than 5 minutes fro
    A big warm to wf i hope you enjoy your stay here with us and like a laugh as we do.

please feel free to ask for help anytime

9. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Hey Sandy,

Welcome!

Terry